Possible to give more pages in "Live edit"

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
raan

Possible to give more pages in "Live edit"

Post by raan »

Hello, i hope in the futur update more pages in section of "live edit"...
thanks
axell

Re: Possible to give more pages in "Live edit"

Post by axell »

I think 40 Live Edit Presets is plenty for the "original purpose".
Although I see lots of users trying to "fix profiles" by applying Live Edit Presets to their fixtures. Then I understand that the number of Live Edit Presets can become a bit short. But how about to fix the PROFILES instead, so you still have your 40 Live Edit Preset slots available for the original purpose?
With "working" profiles also the Automation of Wolfmix itself would work much better rather being "stopped" here and there by overwritten DMX values.
raan

Post by raan »

Hello, thank you for your answer. I have mostly products from Asia, even by carefully editing the profiles, the wolfmix does not react well with the effects offered by the products. This is why using the "live edit" allows me to activate all functions. Best regards
axell

Post by axell »

I fully understand you and why people "abuse" Live Edit Presets to "fix" Profile flaws.

I did meanwhile 700 individual profiles (mostly fixing to much beter work with Wolfmix - some are also special fixtures etc), but I ALWAYS try to configure to the best what Wolfmix is offering out of its own automation - Try to avaoid using Live Edit Presets if possible.
Yes, for certain functions like PRISM or FROST or other specials functions Live Edit Presets were designed to be used for, but lots of people fixing Strobe situations (always strobes vs. never Strobe) or Dimmer" issues or multiple beam/lens fixture issues etc. But all these can be fixed IN THE PROFILE! Example: many effect fixture like Derby, Warlock and others using one or more ROTATION channels, Mirror rolls etc. I re-assign these to use GOBO ROTATION encoders instead stamping 5 or more fixed speed/direction LIve Edit Presets. For STROBE/BLINDER only fixtures I reassign DIMMER AND STROBE to 2 Strobe channels, so they are in sync, when Strobe button is pressed, Strobe and also the "Dimmer" channel goes automatically On/Off. I see Hazer with 3 or 4 Presets on Live Edit where there is absolutely no need to do that as the SMOKE button offers 5 Presets for fan and Haze amount right out of the box when the profile fit to the channels and so on ...

The "asian" (cheapos) fixtures just don't provide the relevant documents in order to create a best working profile. For a Color Wheel it is written: Color - Ch 7 - Yes (we have color)! Wow, that is not what I expect from a fixture manufacturer as he is the ONLY one who can tell me where Red, Green and Blue is located - even Color1, Color2 is useless, as I press COLORED buttons to select a Color and NOT a LABELED button (Color1, Color2, ...).
But then, if you have the fixture local on site, you can quickly check yourself the necessary DMX values per channel live and enter then into the profile to make it work. If you don't have the fixture for "visual feedback" then you need remote support (someone who owns the fixture and can follow your instructions to find out). I did this a few times where even the manual was wrong. So it took 1 or 2 more versions of the profile. At the end, it was all working!