EUROLITE LED TMH-17

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
madagreement

EUROLITE LED TMH-17

Post by madagreement »

Hi everyone.

I set up everything correctly and link is stable between my wolfmiw and easyview.

The LED is facing towards me but the movements are not calibrated like in the easyview. There is a 45 degres offset. Am I missing something ?

I looked everywhere to see if there was a step for MH calibration within the unit or my MH, but besides the Ficture limits, I can not find out how to mirror my easyview with my rig.

Many thanks !
axell

Re: EUROLITE LED TMH-17

Post by axell »

Forget the EasyView2 3D Visualization for a moment and focus on the "real life" output instead.

There is indeed a 2 step process to align Moving Heads the right way.
1. ALWAYS ...after patching a new Moving Head, go to POSITIONS and DESELECT the "default" Center Preset! (removing an "offset" for later adjustments)

2. Now enter HOME / FIXTURES again, select the Moving Head(s) you want to adjust
3. Press the "crosshair" symbol - entering FIXTURE LIMITS
4. Use your finger on the screen to let the Moving Head show in the direction you want it to be (slightly move your finger up or down).
5. Now swipe your finger to the most left position you want to have the beam showing to - WITHOUT turning 1.5 times around itself(!) - roughly remember the position
6. swipe now to the most right position you want the beam showing to - again, roughly remember that position
7. Now adjust PAN max. and PAN min. to the most left/most right finger positions.
8. Repeat with Tilt (move finger up and down and adjust TILT max. and TILT min accordingly)
Exit Fixture Limits

Enter POSITION
1. press SHIFT+(any) Preset (Floor, Center, Ceiling) you want to adjust
___verify FAN = 50%!
2. swipe with the finger to the "sweet Spot" of this position
3. Store this setting by push the flashing button again
4. Repeat with other Presets
5. Now you can add a "positive" (fan out) or "negative" (fan in to a spot) of the Heads with the FAN encoder and store to the same Preset.
6. Also Focus (if applicable to the fixture) can now be adjusted

When now running MoveFX, make sure you have a defined setting active by selecting your corresponding Position Preset as well!

Whatever EasyView2 3D Visualization is showing you must not be identical to the real life. Trust real life visuals.
madagreement

Post by madagreement »

Hello Axell and thank you for the detailed reply !

What you are pin pointing is not part of the process in the manual by I get that there is some tweaking to be done for the machine to perform great.

Nevertheless, What is the point of charging us with 99 $ (in my case 112 € to be precise) for a tool that is supposed to allow us to work lightly and save time for a show if at the end you can not trust your visualizer once you are ready to light it up.

I will follow the afordmentioned steps, but clearly there is a grey area for calibration. I took the time to read the manual and watch the official Wolfmix and they never said what you did. Quite a shame.

Hopefully they could either update that or create a step by step guide.

I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers
axell

Post by axell »

You blame the wrong person, I believe....I was just trying to help you with your setup and provide additional (sometimes not so obvious known) informations.

I am not the developer of EasyView2 3D and I am not the writer of the reference manuals of Wolfmix!
If you have complaints on either of the topics, then please contact those who are responsible for it

I was only sharing my experiences I "developed" over time by reading and watching the various resources (incl. talking to support on "other" topics and eventually found out things which are related to Moving Head adjustments etc...) in order to align Moving Heads in a proper way. I am a private user of the Wolfmix and not affiliated with Nicolaudie whatsoever, so my response to your question was (and always is) far away as to be an "official" comment or advice (whether it is or it is not written in the manual as reference). It is simply my private experience in using the Wolfmix quite extensively I am sharing here.

I also bought EasyView2 3D Visualizer and found out quickly what is possible to "visualize" and what not. I never touched it since. I had numerous discussions with other users complaining on my profiles I created for them, when I found out they "verified" my profiles with EasyView2 3D Visualizer. I then urged them to test in "real life" and guess what...my profiles did exactly what they supposed to do. It is just the 3D Visualizer giving (mostly) false results (at least to a large amount of fixtures which are not standard RGB or plain Moving Heads). I can not trust the output of this Software, so I am not using it anymore.
madagreement

Post by madagreement »

By no means I was blaming you ^^

I know you are not part of the company, you do not have the red tag, I was also sharing my own frustration maybe lol

It is just that I do not get the point of having a visualizer that does not replicate EXACTLY what you should have on stage if that makes any sense. But it would be nice to have a reply from a dev or someone from nicaulodie to add some knowledge to your technic and my topic in general.