Wolfmix in 2023 - What's going on Dev team?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
leesinthemix

Re: Wolfmix in 2023 - What's going on Dev team?

Post by leesinthemix »

AlexR wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:56 am Hello Everyone,

On behalf of the Wolfmix team I'd like to apologise for the extended silence in the forums over the last year. The company has been very busy as of late with the development of Daslight 5 and Lightrider, as well as with the increasing number of technical support queries and tickets of our products. We've also been going through a period of change with some team members leaving to pursue other endeavours and new members joining (such as myself!).

We sincerely value the Wolfmix community and we want to affirm that we are committed to keeping the forum active and will be investing more resources in engaging and responding to your posts and receiving your feedback. Please be assured that Wolfmix development is still very much a priority for us and we are certainly taking on your suggestions and requests for future updates and revisions.

Alex
Wolfmix Technical Support
Hi Alex,

Do you have an update please on where priorities might lie for the next firmware update?

Some of us would be happy to contribute towards a private Alpha testing team if that would be of interest :)

Cheers,
Lee
RR57

Post by RR57 »

hello please bring BPM analysis per line in ! it makes a huge difference and we really need it ! DasLight can do that too... why not Wolfmix?!
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Seems like the talk of more features from the Daslight team was just smoke and mirrors, so we quiet down for a while.

Very concerning that there's no urgency at all.
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

AlexR wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:43 pm Thank you for your suggestions, I am currently compiling a list of the most requested features to go through the team with, so will add these threads to the folder :)
Hi Alex,

Can you please shed some light on when the following will start happening?

"We sincerely value the Wolfmix community and we want to affirm that we are committed to keeping the forum active and will be investing more resources in engaging and responding to your posts and receiving your feedback. Please be assured that Wolfmix development is still very much a priority for us and we are certainly taking on your suggestions and requests for future updates and revisions."

It's been almost four months since this statement and it seems like little progress has been made on any of the above. Sorry for the blunt attitude, but the W1 is the main lighting console I currently use and have invested quite a bit of income in the hope that support will continue further into the future. However, I just don't see any urgency to prioritise feature requests from the community, which is leading me to look at alternatives.

Thanks for your time,
Lee
Simon

Post by Simon »

@Lee - At the moment the W1 is super stable and easy to use and I need to be careful not to overload it, or make it too complicated to use. We have a list of every feature suggested here, but we're limited as to how much more we can add, at least in this particular product. Having said that, there'll be some goodies coming later in the year I'm currently working on, like coloring presets, easier deletion of presets, jumping presets with the BPM. I added an update a few months back to be able to jump presets with DMX in also, great if you're in a band and want to use something like a DMX foot pedal. I still intend to do something on the live edit screen too.

@RR57 this one may be difficult. We don't have an audio stream with a digital analysis and Fast Fourier transform. Rather, the line in is connected to an analog beat detection circuit which generates a pulse which is then sent to the CPU. I'll have a play around with it and see if anything could be done...
zorqie

Post by zorqie »

Can't you use that pulse the same way as the [BPM Tap] button? But maybe make the detection temporary, via key combo eg [Shift]+hold [BPM Tap] or perhaps [Live Edit]+[BPM Tap]?
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Simon wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:45 pm @Lee - At the moment the W1 is super stable and easy to use and I need to be careful not to overload it, or make it too complicated to use. We have a list of every feature suggested here, but we're limited as to how much more we can add, at least in this particular product. Having said that, there'll be some goodies coming later in the year I'm currently working on, like coloring presets, easier deletion of presets, jumping presets with the BPM. I added an update a few months back to be able to jump presets with DMX in also, great if you're in a band and want to use something like a DMX foot pedal. I still intend to do something on the live edit screen too.

@RR57 this one may be difficult. We don't have an audio stream with a digital analysis and Fast Fourier transform. Rather, the line in is connected to an analog beat detection circuit which generates a pulse which is then sent to the CPU. I'll have a play around with it and see if anything could be done...
Hi Simon, hope you're good.

The W1 was designed and marketed heavily towards (ADJ did this as well) mobile DJs, but we still can't control the W1 using MIDI; something that is possible with Daslight AND Lightrider. Why prioritise features for bands, when most of your customers are already mobile DJs?
I'd be more than happy to help with some beta testing to get this functionality available for the W1.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=416&start=10

No response on my query in this thread going back to February, which really limits the W1 when it comes to creating shows.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=607

There is also this bug, which I reported back in May. It hasn't yet been addressed.
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Hi,

A full month has now passed and still no one has the courtesy to reply to my queries.

We shouldn't have to wait five months for pretty fundamental bugs to be addressed.