Universe conflicts with multi beam fixtures

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
MPGTechnikTeam

Universe conflicts with multi beam fixtures

Post by MPGTechnikTeam »

Hello all,
a few months ago I started using the Varytec Hero Spot Wash 140 2in1 with the Wolfmix in a multi beam configuration, and I was fairly happy with it.
Until... I patches all other fixtures preinstalled in the location I was in and tried to make use of the 2nd universe.

I used LED bars on the second universe, and they worked flawlessly. But when I tried to add that multi beam fixture and set it to a channel,
I could turn the encoder in every way I want, but the two LINKED fixture beams just wouldn't set their address to the 2nd universe. (The first one was pretty full and I like to separate my own fixture from the preinstalled ones)
Additionally, even when I changed the channel to something apparently available within the first universe, it would just jump back to channel 89 for whatever unknown reason. Note: All non-multi beam fixtures worked great.

But all in all, I thought this was a small quirk and I could report there and just set the moving head to channel 89, until the moving head didn't react to any inputs on any channel modes, but rather some random fixtures started lighting up and showing random colors. This was the point when I sadly had to remove the moving head (my currently only one) from the fixture list and continue without it.

I'm fairly unpleased by that experience, but as long as it can be fixed, I'd love to help.
Any ideas or what files should I send?

Kind regards,
MPG stage team
willm

Re: Universe conflicts with multi beam fixtures

Post by willm »

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to write this report! Unfortunately I am not sure that I 100% follow the issue here, I feel it may be a lot quicker to understand with a video demonstration of the issue at hand. If you could please create a quick demonstration for us and attach it to this thread, or to a new ticket at store.wolfmix.com/support - this would be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to hearing back from you :)

Kind regards,
Will
MPGTechnikTeam

Re: Universe conflicts with multi beam fixtures

Post by MPGTechnikTeam »

Will do once I have access to the Wolf again :D