MoveFx start positions

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Adrian

MoveFx start positions

Post by Adrian »

Hey guys, I really miss the ability to set the starting positions of the moving heads on Move FX. It would be desirable to define the positions for each lamp individually. But you can't even position the whole group. Why can't MoveFx use the static positions as the starting position for the movement?
Most moving heads are not straight ahead at pan 127/tilt 127! It's a basic function. I don't understand why it isn't implemented. How do you deal with that?
leesinthemix

Re: MoveFx start positions

Post by leesinthemix »

I feel your frustration.

Although the FX engine itself is quite complex, the practical implementation of Movement FX is somewhat limited on the W1. At the moment, the FX timers are reset when a preset is selected, but we can't yet edit what this starting position actually is.

Opening up the possibility to set a starting position within the defined parameters of the engine, would open up a whole new world of possibilities for programming an entire show, as part of a column or page of presets.

It's a really basic feature of most software packages, even Soundswitch or Lightrider.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Thanks for your answer. I don't understand why so few users are interested in the topic. So many suggestions for new functions are made, but what good are 3 effects at the same time if not even one of them works? (Just as an example)
I realize this device may not have the functionality of the Grand MA, or Chamsys, but the starting positions are really important. I like Wolfmix, but I can't use it properly like this.
@Simon, please!!!
Simon

Post by Simon »

@Adrian

Did you set the limitations?
https://www.wolfmix.com/support-content ... _head_area
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I didn't realize that the range limit also affects the midpoint! I'm used to a different logic (position palette)
Can i post this here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7qrcRJyEuE

I think it's a good possibility.
Maybe it should be explained more clearly in the manual.
Thank you Simon!