FEATURE REQUEST: saving FX Presets to live edits

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
TomKa

FEATURE REQUEST: saving FX Presets to live edits

Post by TomKa »

Hey guys,

I am new to the Wolfmix owner community and I haven‘t seen such a request so far. If a similar discussion has already been opened, my topic can be further discussed there.

Coming back to my request. I would really appreciate to have the possibility to save FX valued to a specific live edit. It it kinda linked to the fact that a 2 FX engine for the W1 is not planned.

I usually use some moving heads, pars etc. for decoration lighting next to the stage setup. Therefore, it would be useful to store Color or Moving FX settings with more slow and smoother settings next to the stage lightning.

I am looking forward to your reply and all additional thoughts out of the community.

Cheers, TomKa
leesinthemix

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: saving FX Presets to live edits

Post by leesinthemix »

Hey,

Not sure I understand your use case for this?

I'm sure there's a workaround that you could use instead...

Are you simply wanting to create STATIC scenes OR have some lights using one set of FX parameters, whilst other lights just follow whichever Preset is currently selected?

Quite a good workaround to be honest, but it would probably make the Live Edit screen VERY convoluted and I doubt the CPU of the unit could handle it.

A better solution would be the Wolfmix team allowing us to assign GROUPS to different FX parameters and you're given to option to LOCK a group to a set of functions. Any groups which aren't locked, can be overwritten when changes to the FX parameters are made, on the fly.
leesinthemix

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: saving FX Presets to live edits

Post by leesinthemix »

I think you're best off buying a second W1 and grouping your lights to different units...

Wash lights on one W1 and movers on another?

Create your project for both units. Duplicate it to the second unit and then make subtle changes.

Use DMX Force Mode to select presets for both units so it's all in sync.