Creating Multi Beam to access 2nd Gobo Wheel

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
[email protected]

Creating Multi Beam to access 2nd Gobo Wheel

Post by [email protected] »

Hi, I'm trying to create a multi beam fixture of a moving head, so I can control the second gobo wheel in another group, but somehow the Wolfmix doesn't recognise it as a multi beam fixture (no pop-up asking to split).
I created a 2-beam fixture for the FOS 12R Hybrid Pro, with Mode 3, having 24 channels. Put all the channels on beam 1, except for channel 9 & 10 which are on beam 2 and are 'Static Gobo Wheel Speed' & 'Static Gobo Wheel'.
See profile in attachment.
Help very much appreciated! Thank you!
Attachments
FOS 12R Hybrid New.ssl2
(282.66 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
axell

Re: Creating Multi Beam to access 2nd Gobo Wheel

Post by axell »

your profile can not split!
If you want to have it SPLIT you need to keep the "beam" sequence upwards (beam 1; beam 2, beam 3, ...) and you can NOT go back in beam sequence (beam 1; beam 2, beam 1; beam 2, beam 1+2) and also not select one beam and the all beams and the one beam again.

You have to plan carefully upfront what part you want (need) to separate from others and choose the right number of beams- it is not "pick & select". And it is not always obvious the a hybrid has automatically 2 beams. For reason I explain later there can be 4 or more beams required. Also take care that some control (pan/tilt or Speed, Lamp, Zoom, Frost etc) can be beam independent to work, but Visuals and Colors like Color wheel, Gobo Ctrl, and DIMMERS are beam dependent, so when you assign a (Master) Dimmer to beam 1, that means beam2 will never be ON. For independence choose another beam, i.e. DIMMER = beam 3, so its not dedicated to beam 1 and not dedicated to beam 2, but it is received by the fixture (as virtual beam 3) and applied for all.
axell

Post by axell »

for what its worth ....just as an example...
Attachments
FOS 12R Hybrid GoboSplit.zip
(111.61 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
3bem.jpg
3bem.jpg (239.55 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Awesome, thank you; that was of great help! All a lot clearer now! :)

Also managed to get the Focus-control under the Gobo-Rotate-encoder of group B.
Group A: beam 1,3 & 5
Group B: beam 2 & 4 (replaced the Focus-channel to a Gobo Rotation-channel in the Profile Builder)

See attached ssl2, in which the numbers in the file-name correspont to the combining beams.
Attachments
FOS 12R Hybrid Pro 135_24 GoboFocusSplit.ssl2
(113.55 KiB) Downloaded 312 times