Copy fixture

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
nbacac

Copy fixture

Post by nbacac »

HI,

I modified fixture in fixture setup. Now, i don't now, how can I copy this fixture with this dmx values?
Because, original fixture a friend made me on computer.Sync fixture on wolfmix, modified it, now working good.

But, now i need more amount of this fixture.

Thank you
axell

Re: Copy fixture

Post by axell »

Login into Nicolaudie Cloud and select PROFILES. Select your fixture. Now on the right side you see a small "double-document" icon. Click here and you get a copy of your fixture with fixture name (copy).
You can also load your fixture in profile Builder and click the ""i" icon on top of the screen and select "Duplicate"", same result.
Last edited by axell on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbacac

Post by nbacac »

OK, i understand that..

But i modified fixture into wolfmix controller..

I create two fixture of sharpy, and now i want copy more two sharpy on wolfmix, without computer., because fixture on computer doesnt have write values..
Last edited by nbacac on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbacac

Post by nbacac »

Picture bellow
Attachments
I want a copy of this first two unit...
I want a copy of this first two unit...
Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 21.53.32.png (475.32 KiB) Viewed 5528 times
axell

Post by axell »

1. open WTOOLS - go to FIXTURES tab
2. on the right side (Wolfmix Controller column) you should see a WOLFMIX folder with your special fixture inside
3. now click BACKUP on the bottom of that column (you transfer the Wolfmix folder into the Cloud - to the left column (Computer side)
4. Now open cloud.nicolaudiegroup.com and select FILES - you will now see your fixture name here.
5. select your Fixture and click on the little blue cloud on the right side of the screen (you download/export the file .wmp to your download folder of your Computer)
6. Make copies as a regular computer file as you like

7. to re-import that new file click the "big" "+" sign on top of the FILES web site, next to your initials
8. drag and drop the new fixture into the new window
9. open WTOOLS and open WOLFMIX folder on Computer column - sync - and transfer to Wolfmix device
10. the file/fixture can now be found on the Wolfmix in the Wolfmix folder
nbacac

Post by nbacac »

Thank you for the answer...

I copy fixture like you said, but unfortunately,doesn't copy right values.
axell

Post by axell »

it is NOT the copy process!! It is your profile what has a problem.
my advise: do not create profiles on the Wolfmix! It is mainly for emergency to correct or adjust some settings

If you create a profile you create with the (Web) Profile Builder (cloud.nicolaudiegroup.com) with many more options to make sure the profile does work. It also need some DMX understandings of the DMX logic and what channel DMX Type do what and what Presets are required. Also sometimes you have to create profiles with multiple „beams“ inside, when having the same DMX Type more than once configured etc. All of this is not possible with the very basic profile builder on the Wolfmix.
So it is NOT the copy process what make the profile not working!
nbacac

Post by nbacac »

Thank you, for answer
axell

Post by axell »

I forgot to say:
If you create a profile in Wolfmix, you create a name.wmp (WolfMix Profile) file, which then also only can be edited on the Wolfmix. There is NO converter to transfer this name.wmp to an SSL2 file format ( --> name.ssl2). Wolfmix is operating with (internal) .wmp files or with .ssl2 files. Only .ssl2 files can be created and/or imported to the (Web) Profile Builder and conveniently edited and modified.