QUESTION abut work around new Firmware

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
deejaykris

QUESTION abut work around new Firmware

Post by deejaykris »

Hi. Does only I have some kind of felling that work on new firmware and new features requested hier on Forum are really slowed down???

Can someone pleas give me an answer what is going on. Is it have some sort of problems with Adj. As all we knows it has been sell to Adj and now I see the all thing has slowed completely down.

That controller have really nice future, but only when it will be evaluating 🤔 now I’m confused that’s it had completely stoped and there will be no any other futures firmware updates that makes this box more powerful 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers
axell

Re: QUESTION abut work around new Firmware

Post by axell »

A feature request in a public Forum may not be the "official" platform for frequent firmware update requests. I see a Forum entry here more as an "idea pool", rather than a "must integrate NOW" command. Besides: the last firmware update (0.6.7) was July 25 (or so), roughly a bit longer than 2 months ago.

I didn't come across any reliable sources that ADJ has bought Nicolaudie (or just the Wolfmix division?). All I know is that ADJ has made an OEM agreement to resell the Nicolaudie Wolfmix product under their own label (more or less) exclusive in US. Do you have sources for your "buy out" observation?

I am sure that the next firmware version will not only eventually have a few new features, but also quite a few bug fixes included as well. To verify all of these may take a little longer in order to push out a new firmware release. When I open an (official) ticket for a bug related issue, I get a prompt response on that matter. I also think they are quite busy with additional "products" (it's not Wolfmix alone), as they want to release a new Lightrider product shortly and they also continuously working on their Cloud platform too, in order to provide a better Cloud integration of their products for the customers. For what it's worth: I believe the 0.7 version will be definitely a major update and not just a single fix or function release as some of the previous updates.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Yes, it seems that the priorities are currently on other products. It is reacted to small bugs, and it also comes small fireware updates but just no big innovations.

But just new feature requests or even the feedback on forum posts have become little in the last few months compared to before. I also look in frequently and hope for one or the other news from the admins.

I would also be happy to be taken back a little more. It would be just nice if here in the forum again more information is shared.
Matthias Steenblock

- Owner Dj MSB & Event Rental
- Projectmanager for entertainment systems for the cruise industry

Languages: German, English
Place of residence: Aurich, Lower Saxony, Germany
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

[email protected] wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:38 pm Yes, it seems that the priorities are currently on other products. It is reacted to small bugs, and it also comes small fireware updates but just no big innovations.

But just new feature requests or even the feedback on forum posts have become little in the last few months compared to before. I also look in frequently and hope for one or the other news from the admins.

I would also be happy to be taken back a little more. It would be just nice if here in the forum again more information is shared.
Simon also works for Daslight and Daslight 5 is soon to be out for Public Beta, so I would assume that is where his priorities lie.
I get the vibe that Wolfmix is a side project and has a small team, so not the resources for regular R&D.

Not a chance Nicolaudie would sell the company to ADJ, it's a licencing agreement only.
I hope not anyway. ADJ would just kill it and try to monetise the technology into it's many sandboxed products. They aren't interested in innovating, just jumping on any bandwagon they can.