How to quickly access a second gobo wheel?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Dj Mell 26

How to quickly access a second gobo wheel?

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

Hello,

I have moving heads with two gobo wheels, how can I access the second wheel??? I couldn't find quick access! I can make the change only in Preset or Live Edit mode, it's not very practical!

Thank you in advance for your feedback and your response!
axell

Re: How to quickly access a second gobo wheel?

Post by axell »

Wolfmix is smart when to open 2nd Gobo wheel. Example: Say you have 7 Gobos on the first wheel and 7 on the second wheel = total of 14 Gobos. Wolfmix is simply "counting up" the numbers of Gobos. So if you want to show the 4th Gobo from the 2nd Gobo wheel, Wolfmix "knows" it is Gobo no "11" (7 on 1st wheel and the 4th on 2nd wheel), so it automatically puts wheel 1 to open and select the 4th Gobo on the second wheel. Same works if it is selecting Gobo No 6. Putting Gobo wheel no 2 to open and selecting Gobo no 6 on 1st wheel. In order to work it needs to have a proper profile where the number of Gobos are correct. There is a maximum number of 10 Gobos per wheel, so in total maximum of 20 Gobos can be addressed.
Dj Mell 26

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

Maybe it's supposed to work like that! But unfortunately, with my 4 lyres... this is not the case at all! The gobos which follow after the 9 statics, strangely it is again the same with the gobo shake function, the 7 other rotating gobos of the second wheel are not present.
Last edited by Dj Mell 26 on Mon May 02, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
axell

Post by axell »

It‘s all about the Profile! If it doesn‘t work as expected, you are either fix the Profile youself, editing the Profile accordingly with the Profile Builder, OR you open a ticket at Wolfmix Support and explain what is not working, so they eventually create a working Profile for you.
axell

Post by axell »

Maybe (??) the problem is your 1st Gobo wheel having 11 Gobos (that is what I read from your comment), as the Wolfmix can handle only max. 10 Gobos per wheel. Change the profile to only 10 Gobos on 1st wheel and check if you can access 2nd wheel Gobos when accessing Gobo # 11 and higher.
Dj Mell 26

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

I just corrected! I have 9 static gobos and not 11 and 7 rotating gobos !
axell

Post by axell »

fair enough :-) then again, check the active profile against the DMX chart of the fixture, if the definitions (Types) of the channels and "presets" are correct. Another check could be SETUP / DMX values to monitor WHAT DMX values are being sent to the fixture when selecting Gobos from the 2nd wheel (you can read the DMX data).
Dj Mell 26

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

Thank'S !

I'm not on my first lighting system, I know it works perfectly with DasLight, Sunelite and Visualproduction Cuelux and Cuelux Pro ! ;)
axell

Post by axell »

sorry - no pun intended - I just tried to help ....I would then suggest you open a ticket at Wolfmix support for direct help