Feature Request - CW and CCW Rotation

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
paulm12

Feature Request - CW and CCW Rotation

Post by paulm12 »

On the Gobo page, we have the ability to rotate our gobos from 0-100%. However this only seems to work in one rotation direction. Since the Nicolaudie profile builder supports both clockwise and anti-clockwise rotation, can we turn the knob the other direction to go from 0-(-100)% for rotation in the other direction?
Some gobos look better one direction or another, so I think this would be a cool feature to have so we don't have to create live edits for some gobo rotations.
Simon

Re: Feature Request - CW and CCW Rotation

Post by Simon »

I'm afraid we don't have plans to implement rotation direction into the Wolfmix W1. Perhaps a future larger product.
paulm12

Re: Feature Request - CW and CCW Rotation

Post by paulm12 »

Simon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:45 pm I'm afraid we don't have plans to implement rotation direction into the Wolfmix W1. Perhaps a future larger product.
I was able to find a workaround with some help from the facebook WMX/Wolfmix group. Basically, I edited the fixture profile so the entire rotation channel to simply be the CW direction object in the Nicolaudie profile builder. That way, the "gobo rotation" knob scrolls through CW speed, CCW speed, and indexing all at once.