0.6.4 beta BPM and Flash issues

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Marxn

0.6.4 beta BPM and Flash issues

Post by Marxn »

Hi Simon,
I played around with FW 0.6.2 and found the following things:

1. BPM recognition is much better now, but I still can't achieve the same BPM as in my DJ Software. It's mostly ca. 1 BPM to high even when tapping the 16 beats. I don't think that it is my trigger finger in general, because I achieve the same BPM on my GrandMA.
2. The speed flash FX button doesn't work when connected via Ableton link. I think this should be still possible even with an external BPM source.
And another question came up with the Ableton Link function: How can I adjust to the "1. Beat"?
3. The new group flash FX settings work well, but when turning the encoder to select which flash FX the group should react to (ON or OFF), it always resets all when turning the encoder CCW. This behaviour is a bit confusing.

greetings
Markus
Working with my Wolfmix in Paderborn, Germany
www.bdm-systems.de
Simon

Re: 0.6.4 beta feedback thread

Post by Simon »

Hi Markus
It's mostly ca. 1 BPM to high even when tapping the 16 beats
I've made another improvement in the next update (probably will be 0.6.5). It should be more accurate in this version.
2. The speed flash FX button doesn't work when connected via Ableton link.
Hmm it multiplies correctly for me...could you provide some more info?
3. The new group flash FX settings work well, but when turning the encoder to select which flash FX the group should react to (ON or OFF), it always resets all when turning the encoder CCW. This behaviour is a bit confusing.
It shouldn't do this..but I have actually seen it happen before on another controller. I'm wondering if there's a bug when setting this option on certain older projects. Could you try it with a new project and let me know if it still happens?
Marxn

Re: 0.6.4 beta BPM and Flash issues

Post by Marxn »

Hi Simon,
to 2: I will wire my Setup in the next evenings and will try to do more tests. I'm using Traktor DJ on a Mac, if this is relevant.

to 3: I was able to reproduce this behaviour on a new installed Wolfmix (from a college) with a new show and FW 0.6.4.
So it seems not to be related to the show file or group settings. Also the fixtures where completely different to my show file.

Have a nice evening.
www.bdm-systems.de
Marxn

Post by Marxn »

Hi Simon,
I just had something in my mind and maybe you can clarify this.
How is the BPM count working in detail? I would assume that the positive trigger (press of the button) will start the timer.
Is it relevant how long the button is pressed? Or is it the negative trigger (release of the button) that starts the timer?
www.bdm-systems.de
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi Markus
I'm using Traktor DJ on a Mac, if this is relevant.
Did you mean Traktor Pro?
I don't think Traktor DJ supports Ableton Link unless they've recently added it?
I tested with Traktor Pro 3.
to 3: I was able to reproduce this behaviour on a new installed Wolfmix (from a college) with a new show and FW 0.6.4.
Just to clarify the issue, the enabled status is changing when you turn the encoder counter clockwise even though you aren't pushing it?
Are you able to provide any further info to help me reproduce the problem?
How is the BPM count working in detail? I would assume that the positive trigger (press of the button) will start the timer.
Yes thats correct, the release of the button is not used and therefore the time held is irrelevant.
Marxn

Post by Marxn »

Hi Simon,
Did you mean Traktor Pro?
I don't think Traktor DJ supports Ableton Link unless they've recently added it?
I tested with Traktor Pro 3.
yes I meant Traktor Pro 3. I can't reproduce the behavior of the speed FX anymore. It seems to be fixed in FW 0.6.4 or it was just a strange behavior on my wolfmix.
Yes thats correct, the release of the button is not used and therefore the time held is irrelevant.
OK then my thoughts are irrelevant.
Just to clarify the issue, the enabled status is changing when you turn the encoder counter clockwise even though you aren't pushing it?
Are you able to provide any further info to help me reproduce the problem?
Yes, when I select any group with the first encoder and turn the the third encoder CW or CCW it resets the Flash state without pushing the encoder.
When I enable any flash FX and then turn the encoder to another FX it keeps the state. But when the enabled FX is selected again it will be disabled.
www.bdm-systems.de
Marxn

Post by Marxn »

Hi Simon,
I need to correct my reply, the speed FX is working for FREEZE, 2X, 4X and 8X but not for 0.5X.
It looks like it takes the half speed for 1 beat and then returns to normal speed. And if I keep 0.5x speed activated, it seems to be running out of sync.
I tried different presets and settings but it seems not be related to a certain combination.
www.bdm-systems.de