Feature request

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
boekiewoekie

Feature request

Post by boekiewoekie »

Hi there!
Could it be possible to add the possibility to combine presets? Right now, only one preset is selectable at a time.
It would be nice to have for instance moving heads do their thing on one preset, and combine them with led spots and/or another fixture preset. In that way i can make a column with movingheads, a colomn with led spots, a colomn with a lighteffect fixture etc, and during the show combine them (or not)
That's the way we are working with lighting software on Daslight right now, works quite handy, interactive and fast.
Hope this is possible! (or mayby its allready there and i didn't find it yet :-) )

Best regards,
Martin
leesinthemix

Re: Feature request

Post by leesinthemix »

Yes I've been thinking this over the past few days.

I'm building presets based one or two fixtures only at the moment, based on mood and moments in particular. We simply need the ability to latch presets together. However, there would need to be rules in place for when you're latching two presets with different parameters for the same fixtures.
Maybe a workaround could be when latching mode is on, presets which conflict are greyed out?

Another solution could be that the first preset pressed becomes the MASTER, then any latched become SLAVE presets. Imagine having the slave presets follow the colour FX of the master, but the Move and Beam FX parameters ignore the master.

In order to make this possible, we would need to free up the SHIFT button for latching. Maybe there could be a global setting for the shift button...

Preset save mode.
Latching live mode.

This would be an awesome live feature!
Simon

Re: Feature request

Post by Simon »

This is not planned for the W1, sorry.

It goes against the entire firmware architecture, UX and CPU capabilities.

...maybe for a future larger controller...