Channel names

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
sandis.soms

Channel names

Post by sandis.soms »

Why wolfmix dont recognize all profile channel names? Sometimes in live edit i need to turn on lamp for moving head or use some fixture macros or CTO but there are only ''other'' channel names. Its messy when you need to search for fixture manual or go thru every ''other'' channel and search what you are looking for.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 18.11.19.png
Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 18.11.19.png (158.7 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
axell

Re: Channel names

Post by axell »

you can change/edit in Profile Builder your „other“ channel(s) to any usefull name for better identification. Also the Function in a Channel itself can be described (named) and should be assigned. They then should show up up in Live Edit by the name you gave.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Hello Axell, can you explain that in more detail? I can't find the function of renaming the channels in the builder.
Matthias Steenblock

- Owner Dj MSB & Event Rental
- Projectmanager for entertainment systems for the cruise industry

Languages: German, English
Place of residence: Aurich, Lower Saxony, Germany
axell

Post by axell »

let me try...
the following example shows Profile Builder (Nicolaudie Cloud WEB page). You see the first channel with question mark, usually "OTHER", but on right side in Channel properties you can edit the name to Auto Program. The same is true for the middle section with the Presets/DMX values. From 115 - 129 it is usually labeled "Other" (a question mark), but in Preset properties you can give it a useful name like Sound Active 1. So you can later identify what is what
Attachments
example.jpg
example.jpg (385.97 KiB) Viewed 4218 times
sandis.soms

Post by sandis.soms »

axell wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:35 am you can change/edit in Profile Builder your „other“ channel(s) to any usefull name for better identification. Also the Function in a Channel itself can be described (named) and should be assigned. They then should show up up in Live Edit by the name you gave.
This is how i think it should work, but it dont! :) In profile builder you can change any channel name, but wolfmix hardware does not support it yet.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Wolfmix doesn't show channel or preset names, rather it just shows types. If we stored all the names of the presets and channels we would require a lot more memory.