0.6.4 beta feedback thread

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Level Up

0.6.4 beta feedback thread

Post by Level Up »

Hi Simon. I just installed beta 0.6.2 and start giving my feedback.
meanwhile thanks for the BPM TAP (finally) now working correctly.

One problem that existed in 0.5.0 and which I still find in 0.6.2 is the editing of the fixtures.

Let me explain:

suppose I load 10 fixtures all the same of a product.

I realize that maybe the fixture has the wrong configuration and then I go to edit it in the wolfmix (home> FIXTURE screen button at the top right> ADD FIXTURE> EDIT) and fix the fixture. well. the problem is that all the fixtures already added are not updated and therefore I have to delete all 10 and put them back.

Can't you do that when you update a fixture, all those already inserted update automatically without having to delete them and put them back one by one? (quite frustrating)
Last edited by Level Up on Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level Up

Re: 0.6.2 beta feedback thread

Post by Level Up »

Bug, there is a problem with GOBOs in editing and then viewing.

I have set up a fixture with the following configuration.

to do the test I added the same fixture on all groups A B C D E F G H

so:

and this is what I see when I press the gobo button

page 1-5

page 6-10

As you can see the order (also from the textbook) is in theory:
1) full ball (value 8)
2) striped circle (value 16)
3) spiral (value 24)
4) small and large circles (value 32)
5) three dots (value 40)
6) flower (value 48)
7) circle with empty interior (value 56)

as you can see the wolfmix puts them in order:
2> 3> 4> 5> 6> 7> 1> 1> 1

I don't know why honestly the ball is always put in the bottom but I think the correct thing is
1) the order must be based on increasing value
2) if I have 8 gobos (as in this case) then the other 2 gobos (9-10) must be deactivated

on the other hand there is a HUGE bug. the gobo works only on group A. on all the other groups (B, C, D, E, F, G, H) only white dots are seen in all gobos.

I attach screenshots
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi There. This could be happening because you have other fixture types in the same group, or you're moving fixtures between groups. If you start a new project and add the fixture, it should link the gobo buttons in gobo order. I just tested it with the Kanjo Spot 60 and it seems to be working well.

Either way, you could always edit your gobo button by shift+hitting it and choose the gobo you want.
Level Up

Post by Level Up »

the test project i made was new and there is no other fixture except 1 x Kanjo 60 for every group.

ill test it again.

anyway what about the first problem (updating a fixture wont update the ones already insered in groups)?
Level Up

Post by Level Up »

Another thing about STROBE feature.

actually if i press the "STROBE" button ALL fixtures start to blink and that a problem.

i'll explain.

in a club i work they use White par as strobe and here is the problem. i want only that WHITE PAR to strobe and not the whole club. is there a way to fix this?
axell

Post by axell »

you can put all Whites PARs in one Group and then disable all other Groups except the White PARs from the STROBE button (new feature in 0.6.x). When you run a Preset and press STROBE, only WHITE PARs will strobe as all others are "ignored".
Function is called: ignore flash buttons when recalling a preset. At 5:50 min on the intro Video for 0.6 firmware
Last edited by axell on Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level Up

Post by Level Up »

Simon wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:22 pm Hi There. This could be happening because you have other fixture types in the same group, or you're moving fixtures between groups. If you start a new project and add the fixture, it should link the gobo buttons in gobo order. I just tested it with the Kanjo Spot 60 and it seems to be working well.

Either way, you could always edit your gobo button by shift+hitting it and choose the gobo you want.
ok i just tested the GOBO BUG and here is the explaination.

i just downloaded from scratch the KANJO SPOT 60 from WTOOLS and here is the gobo settings.

as u can see only 2 gobo has some value (dunno why only 2)

as u tested if u use this fixture dll without editing the gobo and add 8 of them it works good (still dont understand why i see only 2 of 8 gobos)

edit.. there is a problem... the image.. the fixture downlaoded from wtools has some gobo preview image that cannot be found in the fixture builder like as for example ... this:

and here is the builder:

therefore I cannot edit gobos of which there is no preview image in the builder

i then found where the bug lies about groups B-C-D-E-F-G-H

if u edit any fixture goboes (or even create a new one test fixture) FROM wolfmix itself all gobos in group B-C-D-E-F-G-H are all White ball. of curse i then edit the image with shift + click but is a bug for sure.

if u for example change the value from 3 to 2 in the WHITE BALL gobo, save the fixture and then load this fixture in group A and B u will see that group B images are all WHITE BALL
Level Up

Post by Level Up »

@simon any feedback?
sandis.soms

Post by sandis.soms »

3. The new group flash FX settings work well, but when turning the encoder to select which flash FX the group should react to (ON or OFF), it always resets all when turning the encoder CCW. This behaviour is a bit confusing.
Same here..
Simon

Re: 0.6.4 beta feedback thread

Post by Simon »

Hey everyone, I'm going to lock this topic as it's getting too difficult to follow. Check the issues with the latest official 0.6.4 version and if you wouldn't mind creating a separate topic for each remaining issue I'll try and take a look at the new threads and fix any remaining issues asap!

Thanks!

p..s I've already split out the post by Marxn into a new topic which I'm going to check now