Feature Request: Channel Values on Limitations Screen

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Martin

Feature Request: Channel Values on Limitations Screen

Post by Martin »

I know this has been asked before but I will ask again if I may. I use Limitations for various fixtures to limit PAN and TILT and it would be super helpful to have the actual channel values on screen rather than just a percentage. I know I can do the maths but.... :-)

Thanks
Martin
Attachments
Wolfmix-W1-Limitation.jpg
Wolfmix-W1-Limitation.jpg (459.69 KiB) Viewed 7696 times
Simon

Re: Feature Request: Channel Values on Limitations Screen

Post by Simon »

I'd be interested to know what the benefit of this would be...when you set your limits you turn the dial and look at your light beam until it looks right, so I'm not sure why any numerical value is relevant?
axell

Post by axell »

I like to "best" transfer DMX values from "a more simple" DMX app (i.e. Airstream Pro) into Wolfmix. On Airstream Pro I have a Circle program with Pan/Tilt limitations to simulate the Rotation/Color Selection simultaneous. PAN goes for Speed&Rotation and TILT selects Color Macros. The DMX values which are working here are clear PAN: between 58 - 226 and TILT: between 124 - 253. Now in the Circle program it describes an ellipse and so it is changing Rotation/Speed and Colors continuous.
Now with the percentage only input I only reach very coarse a similar effect. Never managed to have it as smooth as on the Airstream Pro.It would be great to "just enter" the exact values 1:1 as already proven, working values.
dmx percentage and real values.jpg
dmx percentage and real values.jpg (318.14 KiB) Viewed 7604 times
Simon

Post by Simon »

The concept of the Wolfmix W1 is to look at your lights and play with the buttons until it looks pretty. I don't see how copying precise DMX values is useful.
axell

Post by axell »

Because, when I just "near" the numbers (calculating 58/255=23%), I NEVER get a smooth moving as if I get it with Airstream Pro, even if I go up and down a little around 23%. Fact is, I never get it right and I suspect the % values as I don't know if I match the "real numbers" I have in Airstream Pro with it.
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

axell wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:56 pm Because, when I just "near" the numbers (calculating 58/255=23%), I NEVER get a smooth moving as if I get it with Airstream Pro, even if I go up and down a little around 23%. Fact is, I never get it right and I suspect the % values as I don't know if I match the "real numbers" I have in Airstream Pro with it.
It would probably be a limitation of the encoders to use them that way as a base function (as in you'd need to turn them very fast to get to the same value changes as a percentage). However, it could be useful to have a Shift + Encoder for fine adjustments, like you would for parameter changes in a soft synth plugin on any DAW.