Is it possible to rename a projector and if not is it possible to have this possibility?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Dj Mell 26

Is it possible to rename a projector and if not is it possible to have this possibility?

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

Bonjour la Team Wolfmix !

J'ai une question peut-être bête, mais avec un peu de chance vous aurez surement la réponse à celle-ci ! J'ai 60 par led avec batterie "Box 4 Mini" et pour que ça ne soit pas trop compliqué pour les adresser et pour ne pas avoir plusieurs page uniquement de par led, j'ai créé 6 series de 10 par, j'ai trouvé la fixture du projecteur dans le builder de Nicolaudie et je les ai donc ajouté dans mon wolfmix et j'ai indiqué "Amount - 10" puis l'adressage des projecteurs c'est fait automatiquement, jusque là... il n'y a pas de problème !

Le problème est le suivant, c'est que j'ai bien mes 10 Box 4 Mini, sauf que j'aurai aimé les renommer comme suit : Par 1, Par 2, Par 3 et ainsi de suite, afin de les différencier lors de création de Preset ou de Live Edit. Ma question est : y a t'il un moyen de renommer les projecteurs et si ce n'est pas le cas est-ce que se serai possible d'ajouter cette option dans une future mise à jour ??? Merci d'avance !

In English :

Hello Team Wolfmix ;)

I have a question that may be stupid, but with a little luck you will surely have the answer to this one! I have 60 per led with "Box 4 Mini" battery and so that it is not too complicated to address them and not to have several pages only per led, I created 6 series of 10 per, I found the projector fixture in Nicolaudie's builder and so I added them in my wolfmix and I indicated "Amount - 10" then the addressing of the projectors is done automatically, so far... there is no no problem!

The problem is the following, it is that I have my 10 Box 4 Mini, except that I would have liked to rename them as follows: Par 1, Par 2, Par 3 and so on, in order to differentiate them during creation of Preset or Live Edit. My question is: is there a way to rename the fixtures if this is not the case would it be possible to add this option in a future update ???

Thank you in advance ! "Sorry for my English !"
Simon

Re: Is it possible to rename a projector and if not is it possible to have this possibility?

Post by Simon »

Hello, it's not possible to rename individual fixtures of the same type. This is because the Live Edit screen displays the name of the 'fixture type'.

I have a couple of suggestions however:
1- Add the fixtures to different groups, and give a name to the groups
or
2- Edit the fixture using the built-in Wolfmix fixture builder and rename the fixture here. Wolfmix supports up to 50 different fixture types per project which would allow for up to 50 different names. Each time you edit an official profile, a duplicate is created in your 'Wolfmix' brand.
Dj Mell 26

Re: Is it possible to rename a projector and if not is it possible to have this possibility?

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

Hello Simon and thank you for your feedback!

I changed the name of the projector in "Profile Builder" and afterwards I created 9 additional copies, which I renamed: "Box 1, Box 2, Box 3... up to Box 10" and it works perfectly! I find myself better in my organization and I did the same for my 4 Lyres and my 2 Beams, it allows to have even more intuitiveness and creativity.
Sorry, it's a bad habit that I had taken with my lighting software "Cuelux from VisualProduction"!

Thank you anyway and have a nice day and take care of yourself!

Cdt, Patrick - Sono Cysmix ;)

N.B: Can't wait for the Wolfmix demonstration video with the new functions of Firmware 0.6.1 or 0.6.2. :D