Varytec Hero Spot 90 fixture

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
Carpo

Varytec Hero Spot 90 fixture

Post by Carpo »

Hi,

I have some issues with the 16 ch. Wolfmix fixture profile for:
Varytec Hero Spot 90
https://images.static-thomann.de/pics/a ... online.pdf

The Focus is not working in the "Position Picker".
I can not find the Prism anywhere.
In the Live Edits there is a channel called Zoom..........
I do not think the Beam FX is working as good as i expect (moving in steps and are not as smooth as it should be).

So is it possible to have a better profile build for the fixture?
Regards
Carsten Poulsen
Carpo Roadshow
www.carpo.dk
www.facebook.com/CarpoRoadshow
Carpo

Re: Varytec Hero Spot 90 fixture

Post by Carpo »

Hi again,

I can see the fixture profile for the Varytec Hero Spot 90 are very bad due to the DMX chart in the manual.
Have tried to fix it in the Fixture Builder at the Wlofmix W1 but the changes are not coming to the fixture profile - I am not able to control the fixture in the Fixture Builder and after I have saved the profile mouthing have really happened.

How do I add controll forward and backwards for the Gobo wheel and on the rotating gobos?

And where in the Wolfmix W1 will I be able to control the rotating prism?
Have added the steady prism to a Live Edit - but can I integrate Prism more in the W1 user interface?

It like the Move FX are not working 100% as intended - any suggestions what can be the problem? (Varytec Hero Spot 90)

Wolfmix W1 is a great tool if the fixture profiles are made ok ;-)
Sure I will come to love it when all are ok.
Last edited by Carpo on Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Carsten Poulsen
Carpo Roadshow
www.carpo.dk
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi Carsten

...a lot of questions here!

I've taken a look at the fixture profile and it seems to match what's written in the manual.
The Focus is not working in the "Position Picker".
This light doesn't have a focus.
I do not think the Beam FX is working as good as i expect (moving in steps and are not as smooth as it should be).
According to the dmx levels it looks to be working as expected. Could you provide some more specific info on the problem?
How do I add controll forward and backwards for the Gobo wheel and on the rotating gobos?
The rotation encoder on the gobo screen just rotates forwards. You would need to create a live edit to control backwards.
Have added the steady prism to a Live Edit - but can I integrate Prism more in the W1 user interface?
The prism is only accessible from the live edit screen. You would need to create different live edits for different prism rotation speeds. (we're considering other options for the future)
It like the Move FX are not working 100% as intended
Again, according to the DMX values it should be fine. Have you set fixture limits?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Carpo

Post by Carpo »

Hi again,

It is great help.
I´ll try to work more with the Live Edits.

@Simon - about the focus, channel 12 is a focus channel.
And it is now working ;-)

I only have one issue at the moment and it is the yellow color. the fixture profile is correct but on Wolfmix the DMX value is 32 (orange/amber) fixture builder says correct the DMX address for yellow is 90.
What is wrong? And what can I do to get the yellow color working?
Regards
Carsten Poulsen
Carpo Roadshow
www.carpo.dk
Carpo

Post by Carpo »

And yes, Fixture Limits are set for both my MH types.
At the moment the Move FX is working great :-)
Regards
Carsten Poulsen
Carpo Roadshow
www.carpo.dk
Simon

Post by Simon »

@Simon - about the focus, channel 12 is a focus channel.
I've just fixed this in the public profile.
I only have one issue at the moment and it is the yellow color. the fixture profile is correct but on Wolfmix the DMX value is 32 (orange/amber
Ive just checked with the latest version of the profile, and when I hit the static yellow color (on bank 2 colors 6-10), value 86 is correctly recalled. If necessary, you can adjust the colors by shift + hitting on the color.