Preset jump DMX IN Channel Foot Pedal Problem

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
brentcurtis182

Preset jump DMX IN Channel Foot Pedal Problem

Post by brentcurtis182 »

Hi, I've been trying to incorporate a Foot pedal to trigger my presets how I want them, i.e., set it to column, and have them go down, so essentially a 5 scene clickable situation.

I found a pedal on here, someone linked this: https://www.thomannmusic.com/stairville_dmx_foot_2.htm
And, it works great!,: Just to recap how to set this up:

prereq: Have WLINK active

Set : Preset jump DMX IN channel to something, and then match that on the pedal's channel so it works:

On the Pedal: I have one pedal set to DMX value of '2' which means it will trigger the 'next' preset, because I'm using 'preset jump DMX....'
The other pedal I set DMX value to '1' which means it will go to the previous preset, and this is great BUT!

Here's my problem: In triggering this, I'm finding Group A is being dimmed to 0 when I trigger, 'next preset' and also Group F is being dimmed when I trigger 'previous preset'. (Note: I wasn't using group H at all, so I initially tried using 'preset jump DMX IN channel - setting it to 8, i've tried other empty channels 500, 512, all have same result of Groups A and F getting dimmed to 0 when using the foot pedal)
* Not sure how to prevent this, but here's what I did to solve and my real question:

I've changed Group A to DMX IN channel 2, so now My Group A and Group B are set to DMX IN channel 2;
I also changed Group F to DMX IN channel 5 for the same reason, but now my Group E and Group F are both set to DMX In channel 5,
Is this a problem? I don't see any issues happening, but surely there are some consequences in doing this. This solved my issue of Groups A and F being auto dimmed to 0 when I didn't want them to, via click the foot pedal

Thanks!
brentcurtis182

Re: Preset jump DMX IN Channel Foot Pedal Problem

Post by brentcurtis182 »

Ahhhh I think If I'm not using faders I don't need any values for the groups here I can change them to "-" so the Foot Pedal doesn't interfere with the dimmer