Bug Report - Firmware 0.7.5

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
nova3uk

Bug Report - Firmware 0.7.5

Post by nova3uk »

I don't see an official bug report so i'll post here, if there is a better place please let me know and I will report it elsewhere.

Bug:
Ghost fixture blocking unused DMX channels, and no grouping of single fixture with multiple beams.

How to reproduce:
1. Add a fixture with multiple Beams.

Issues:
If you delete the fixture beam by beam and then deleted the primary, the beams stay mapped utilisiing/blocking the previously used DMX channel(s) despite having been delted. When you then try to add a new fixture the "ghost" fixture means the channels are unavailable.

Expexted outcomes:
a) If I delete an item from a DMX channel, the channel shouldn't be blocked.
b) Ideally, in the case of a multi-beam fixture i should not be able to delete the beams indiviually, instead forcing me to delete the entire fixture including the master.

Workaround:
Re-add the previously deleted fixture with the same beams, and it will go back to where it was originally located and the dmx channels are not blocked. Then you can delete the fixture by deleting the master first and it will also remove the child beams.
AlexR

Re: Bug Report - Firmware 0.7.5

Post by AlexR »

Hello, thanks for your post.

Have you updated to the latest firmware? If possible please let me know if you still encounter this issue with your setup on firmware 1.0.0 as I've not been able to recreate it.

Kind Regards,

Alex
Wolfmix support
Alex
Wolfmix Support
nova3uk

Re: Bug Report - Firmware 0.7.5

Post by nova3uk »

AlexR wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:09 pm Hello, thanks for your post.

Have you updated to the latest firmware? If possible please let me know if you still encounter this issue with your setup on firmware 1.0.0 as I've not been able to recreate it.

Kind Regards,

Alex
Wolfmix support
Hi Alex, Tested on 1.0.0 and the problem seems resolved, now if i delete a sub channel of a split fixture it deletes everything and is not blocking.

Thanks
mike