Feature requests from an LD

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
tech108

Feature requests from an LD

Post by tech108 »

I recently bought a WMX1 and unlocked all the universes for a bar lighting install that will be run by the DJ. I absolutely love this thing! It's perfect for small venue lighting. I'm accustomed to lighting consoles like the Roadhog 4, GrandMA 1&2, Ion, Chamsys, etc and for the price, UI, 4 universes and ability to sync with CDJs, you can't beat it.

I'm currently running it into an Elation Obsidian 4 port node in input mode and running my rig in Capture to play around and see what I can do with different lighting setups. There are some slight modifications to the actual interface I'd love to suggest, and I'm curious what others think about it as well. I'm sure most if not all of these have already been talked about, so I hope the developers are open to feedback from their community.

1: Having the ability to rename individual fixtures.
When you're dealing with mass quantities of the same type of fixture, it's very difficult to know which one you're actually talking to.

2: Being able to assign fixture numbers and have the number as a prefix in the name.

3: Similar to the "live edit" section, it would be phenomenal to be able to set position presets fixture by fixture using pan and tilt.
The "limits" feature could still be used. I could see where it would be beneficial for entry users, but it's very limiting for precise looks. For instance, if I wanted all the fixtures to point at a gogo dancer, it's damn near impossible (except for a live edit static position)

4: Have the FX movements be dependent on position presets.
This would be a huge improvement and open up programming for substantially more intricate presets.

5: Have the color FX engine pull from the current set colors.
Lets say I have a fixture with a color wheel and I have an FX that bumps it up one color and back. If it's tied to the color preset, then it would bump up to the next color, no matter what it is. Currently, if I launched the FX it would go to the color wheel position I programmed it at only.

6: Have individual FX for each group or set of groups selected.
This might be a processing power limitation, but if I have two (or more) different types of lights up, it would be ideal to be able to individually control those groups. You could still do multiple groups at once if you select them. Doing it "global" style for everything is very limiting.

7: Set channels to be triggered for both blinder and strobe buttons.
Currently works great if you don't have actual blinders or strobes, but it would be awesome to have "blinder" turn on actual blinder fixtures and "strobe" trigger actual strobe lights.

8: USB NIC emulation
It would be a game changer to be able to have the WMX1 read as also a network card when plugged into a computer and send ArtNet / sACN. It would make using this with previs software SO much easier. I'm currently using a 4 port node in input mode to run my rig in Capture.

Like I said, I love this thing as it is. Maybe the solution is to make a 2nd type that is more suited for "pro-level" use?