Feature Request: "PD-handshake" protocol for Wolfmix to fix power issues on Laptops

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

Feature Request: "PD-handshake" protocol for Wolfmix to fix power issues on Laptops

Post by axell »

Can you please implement a "PD-handshake" protocol for Wolfmix, so it can enable higher Power output on USB-C Laptops, to direct attach Wolfmix without being "forced" to use an "active powered" USB Hub?

If you attach Wolfmix directly to an USB-C port on a Laptop it will not get enough power from it. Even if the USB-C port is capable to provide higher power, it defaults to the (USB default) of 500mA unless it is "triggered" by the "PD-handshake" from the device (Wolfmix) to provide higher output. Without this "PD-handshake" you are required to use an "active powered" USB Hub to provide the power to Wolfmix (and the connection to the Laptop (WTOOLS).
leesinthemix

Re: Feature Request: "PD-handshake" protocol for Wolfmix to fix power issues on Laptops

Post by leesinthemix »

Yes I am also finding this to be a serious problem.

I have a USB 3.2 powered hub (72w, so plentiful) for my DJ gear and then the Wolfmix is in a separate USB slot on it's own. However, it simply does not get enough power to function correctly.
MPGTechnikTeam

Re: Feature Request: "PD-handshake" protocol for Wolfmix to fix power issues on Laptops

Post by MPGTechnikTeam »

I have been experiencing this too on another laptop I sometimes use. Please add this, Simon!