Switching presets during blackout?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
paulm12

Switching presets during blackout?

Post by paulm12 »

Is it possible to switch presets when blackout is toggled or held? Say I have a preset currently playing, and I want to blackout but when blackout is over it will start another preset. This would be useful say for a big buildup where I have a high energy preset to trigger when the drop of the song happens.

Unfortunately, blackout blocks the whole screen so I have to release blackout/press blackout again to un-toggle it and then find and press the button for the preset I want to play. Instead, if I could “pre-cue” the next scene during blackout, it would start as soon as blackout is release/disabled.

I understand the way blackout currently works, but the way I would like it is hold blackout for it to temporarily blackout, or press shift + blackout to toggle it on (without changing the screen), and simply press blackout again to disable it.
axell

Re: Switching presets during blackout?

Post by axell »

According to the Wolfmix DMX stack, BLACKOUT has a higher DMX priority than any of the effects (Presets), so as long Blackout is active, you won't see anything while switching thru the Presets

Blackout will NOT "block the screen", if you got to HOME / SETUP / SETTINGS - dial to SHOW FLASH FX SCREENS and select NO
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

This might be possible to overcome if we were able to assign a DMX value to parameters on the W1.

Universe 2 could be used for all the functions and these could be selected using an external DMX board.

One way to get more out of the W1 without building in MIDI over USB?
paulm12

Post by paulm12 »

axell wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:25 pm Blackout will NOT "block the screen", if you got to HOME / SETUP / SETTINGS - dial to SHOW FLASH FX SCREENS and select NO
Thanks, was not aware of this. How do you change the behavior (I.e. toggle, flash, time) with the flash FX screens off?
axell

Post by axell »

press SHIFT + Flash button
paulm12

Post by paulm12 »

axell wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:12 am press SHIFT + Flash button
Cheers, thanks, that’s exactly what I wanted.