2x Wolfmix = 2x Software packages?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

2x Wolfmix = 2x Software packages?

Post by axell »

If I have 2 Wolfmix and I want to use WLINK and EasyView 2 on both devices, do I need to purchase each software twice? And when I have to, how does 2 licenses work on a „single email account“?
leesinthemix

Re: 2x Wolfmix = 2x Software packages?

Post by leesinthemix »

axell wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:29 am If I have 2 Wolfmix and I want to use WLINK and EasyView 2 on both devices, do I need to purchase each software twice? And when I have to, how does 2 licenses work on a „single email account“?
I don't use Easyview, as I use L8 with an ArtNet node, but maybe you could use an ArtNet node to use Easyview?
You'd have to program W1 #2 to DMX force mode the channels which are being used by the W1 #1. Then go from one of the outputs on W1 #2 into the node.

Make sense?
axell

Post by axell »

Thank you for your solution
My question was meant as a SALES question and still waiting for an official answer.

If I have both software products for my 1st Wolfmix and I intend to buy a 2nd Wolfmix, do I need to buy a 2nd set of WLINK & Easyview then and how do I manage all the licenses on a single email account (how to figure out what license goes with what hardware)?

I think I rather should open an official Ticket for this ...
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Yeah I'm not sure myself to be honest on those, I only own the one unit.
axell

Post by axell »

It is a "per unit" license.

If you have 2x Wolfmix and want to use EasyView 2 (3D Visualization) on both units, you need 2 licenses, one for each Wolfmix.
If you have 2 Wolfmix and want to SYNC "one to the other", then you need only 1 WLINK license (as only 1 Wolfmix is accepting DMX In data while the other is DMX sending out). But if you want to "reverse" the SYNC "from the other to the one" Wolfmix, then also the 2nd Wolfmix requires a WLINK license, as this now becomes the DMX In device.
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

A basic licence for L8 CE is only about £70, so less than paying for 2x Easyview ;)
TomKa

Post by TomKa »

leesinthemix wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:00 am A basic licence for L8 CE is only about £70, so less than paying for 2x Easyview ;)
But you also need an additional Artnet Node, didn‘t you?
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Yes you'll need an ArtNet node. I use a Chauvet DMX-AN2, which cost me £95.

L8 is 10x the program that Easyview is capable of.
I can create custom venues and send video files to my clients rendered @ 60FPS.