FEATURE REQUEST

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Justsash

Re: FEATURE REQUEST

Post by Justsash »

I already considered and rejected doing this, because I want to just hit a preset and get back to mixing.

My point again, the W1 should be just as capable as light rider on tablets. It doesn’t seem like I’m asking for much from the development team.

leesinthemix wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:16 pm You can already save Gobo and Gobo Rotation settings into a preset.

1) Press the Preset you want to save these settings to.
2) Hit the Gobo section, and choose the Gobo you'd like, plus dial in the rotation amount.
3) Overwrite/Save that same Preset.
4) When you next press that Preset, the Gobo settings will be recalled.

I do however agree we need the option to save prism/iris/zoom settings from the Live Edit section into a preset.
There are currently two modes for Live Edits - Unlocked mode and Locked mode. Another mode for saving to presets would be very handy and welcome!

As a workaround, if you have an external DMX board with buttons, you can always map the DMX channel of the fixture's prism setting to this board using the learn function. Set the default value to the DMX value of your desired prism setting.
This way you can select the Preset and Prism setting at the same time, using two fingers and without the faff of using two different sections of the W1 UI.

Linking Wolfmix with DMX boards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6aZ5yG3EMw&t=1s

Make sense?
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Justsash wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:07 am I already considered and rejected doing this, because I want to just hit a preset and get back to mixing.

My point again, the W1 should be just as capable as light rider on tablets. It doesn’t seem like I’m asking for much from the development team.
You considered and rejected the exact solution which fulfils your needs?

Once the Gobo settings have been saved to a preset, you just recall them each time by selecting the preset.
My method does EXACTLY what you are asking.

What am I not understanding here?
Justsash

Post by Justsash »

I absolutely reject your solution of connecting another piece of equipment into a product that has a main selling point of being a standalone lighting controller. What you’re missing is the point of my post which was the use of prisms. Please don’t reply to any of my posts. I don’t want to have to explain simple requests, just because you have problems understanding them.

leesinthemix wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:37 pm
Justsash wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:07 am I already considered and rejected doing this, because I want to just hit a preset and get back to mixing.

You considered and rejected the exact solution which fulfils your needs?

Once the Gobo settings have been saved to a preset, you just recall them each time by selecting the preset.
My method does EXACTLY what you are asking.

What am I not understanding here?
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Justsash wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:00 pm I absolutely reject your solution of connecting another piece of equipment into a product that has a main selling point of being a standalone lighting controller. What you’re missing is the point of my post which was the use of prisms. Please don’t reply to any of my posts. I don’t want to have to explain simple requests, just because you have problems understanding them.
No need for such condescending language to be honest.

Prism behaviour can't be saved into presents, but you did ask about Gobos, so I offered you a partial solution.
Take it or leave it, but your attitude here is totally uncalled for.
llealloo

Post by llealloo »

I would like to +1 this thread!

Having the ability to save prism and focus settings in presets like the original post suggests would be amazing.

Hopefully this kind of functionality is available in the forthcoming firmware release 8-)
axell

Post by axell »

Prism "can" be stored as On/Off Live Edit Preset for individual On/Off switching. but you also can store it in a "regular" Preset, while Prism is being activated and running as part of a "regular" Preset. Then simply re-store the "regular" Preset with the current setting (press SHIFT+samePreset again) and you store your Preset WITH Prism being on as well.

Focus is being adjusted and stored in POSITION. Press SHIFT+anyPreset (Floor, Ceiling, Center, ...) and you find the Focus adjustment on the right encoder.