FEATURE REQUEST: Speed - Default Launch

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
leesinthemix

FEATURE REQUEST: Speed - Default Launch

Post by leesinthemix »

Hi there,

I was wondering if it would be possible to set a default launch profile or a snapshot for the SPEED.

Sometimes I enjoy using the SPEED to multiply my colour changes on a build up until a drop on a tune. However, when I go to initiate SPEED the next time, the crowd is forced to endure the 4x or 8x the current effect, when I don't want that to happen.
It would be great to have the ability to toggle your a default snapshot on and off OR the ability to change the SPEED time signature, without actually activating SPEED.

Happy to explain in further detail if this is not 100% clear.
Simon

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Speed - Default Launch

Post by Simon »

I see what you mean. We're considering adding new effects to the WOLF button in future, and we have the same problem. The issue is that showing a Flash FX screen without triggering it could confuse some people. Suggestions welcome...
leesinthemix

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Speed - Default Launch

Post by leesinthemix »

I quite like the idea of using the Wolfmix button for multiple purposes.

If we are given the ability to change the behaviour of the WM button in system settings, we can initiate either WM EFFECT, STROBE or SPEED.
Then in the STROBE and SPEED options you are presented with an added parameter, which sets a default snapshot (WM button) for STROBE and SPEED.
This way you have a freedom of calling the snapshot using WM button OR the setting you last used with the STROBE or SPEED buttons, before exiting.

Even more options could be added in future, which are mobile DJ or band specific:
- Launch a specific Live Edit (Gobo/Prim changes)
- Launch a specific Preset (Cake cutting static scene)

Make sense?