Microphone settings

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Ickehier

Microphone settings

Post by Ickehier »

Hi,

I do not get my head around the "speed" adjustments on the mic encoder in the "Beam FX" section.
When the encoder is pressed, I am in mic mode. so far so good.
But what do i control when turning the controller? It says "speed". But If the mic is listening to the beat 8and hopefully reads it correctly), why would I want to adjust the speed?
Since "The mic level gets set automatically with our very special analog beat detection circuit, however you can give the level an extra boost in the settings" it is not the sensivity of the mic.

So what is it, please?
axell

Re: Microphone settings

Post by axell »

On the SPEED encoder are 3 symbols to toggle, when pressing the encoder:

"Clock" = speed adjust in % while dialing the encoder

"Note"" = speed adjust by note values (1/4 note, 1/8 note etc) by measure of BPM TAP speed input

"Mic" = speed is taking the Audio Signal (either Mic or cable input) and analyze the transients in the Music, coming in either by the built-in Mic or switching automatic to cable when connected mini jack (3.5mm) cable coming from the DJ booth directly.
The general Input VOLUME (how LOUD it comes in) of the audio is adjusted in HOME / SETUP / SETTINGS / Audio Input Level. The SPEED value at the effects encoder then represents "the amount of transients" it recognizes (NOT how LOUD!). "Low" settings will "see/analyze" probably only the strongest Bass Drum transients, dialing up will add more and more additional transients which will result on a "faster" - but still Music rhythm based - speed. This is not necessary a 4/4 time scheme, as with higher transient values you also get other transients (Snare, Toms, Cowbell, Bass Guitar figures etc) which will then also trigger the effects.
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's actually a little simpler than Axell explained:

In Mic mode, the effect still plays with the speed like in Clock mode, but when it hears a sound it 'jumps' forward. If you just want it to pause and jump with the music, set the speed to 0%.
Ickehier

Post by Ickehier »

Simon wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:04 pm It's actually a little simpler than Axell explained:

In Mic mode, the effect still plays with the speed like in Clock mode, but when it hears a sound it 'jumps' forward. If you just want it to pause and jump with the music, set the speed to 0%.
Thanks for explaining - would be great if you Would add that to the documentation (if not already done in the meantime).