Pan/Tilt - Martin smartMAC

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
MarcOLeary

Pan/Tilt - Martin smartMAC

Post by MarcOLeary »

New to Wolfmix, not new to DMX. I have a series of Marting smartMAC's that ARE supported by a Profile, but when I use them the Pan/Tilt does not seem to work. I have been able to add the profiles and assign them to a group, but no motion. The only way motion is possible is in direct edit of the DMX channel. Perplexing. Is it possible that they are too old to work with this system?

Marc O'Leary Weddings
Kansas City

Go Chiefs!
axell

Re: Pan/Tilt - Martin smartMAC

Post by axell »

Marc,
your fixture is NOT too old and should work, at least move Pan & Tilt. The corresponding profile of the fixture might be even a bit "over-configured" (1.000s of Presets per channel, which are not used by Wolfmix, but, hey ...) but generally speaking the basic functions should work.

Did you check correct DMX Address? Did you check DMX Mode on fixture (12 or 15 Ch Mode)?
When patching, did you select the correct Mode, according to the fixture Mode?
After patching the fixture(s), have you assigned them to a GROUP?
When press HOME, do you see all 3 FX (ColorFX, MoveFX, BeamFX )"available" on that Group (or dark/greyed out)?

Now go to POSITION and deselect the "CENTER" preset.
Select LIVE EDIT - it should be all empty (page 1 & 2). IF there are "Presets" make sure ALL are turned OFF!
Go back to FIXTURES, select your fixture(s) and press "crosshair/diamond" icon on top of the screen. Now create your FIXTURE (moving) Limits. Here you can also check Pan and Tilt function.