Feature Request: Import .wmp files into Profile Builder

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

Feature Request: Import .wmp files into Profile Builder

Post by axell »

Currently there is no way to edit or import Profiles, which have been created or just edited on the Wolfmix, back into Profile Builder again for more advanced edits.

Once created on the Wolfmix, you can "Backup" into WTOOLS (Wolfmix folder to Computer Folder) which then resides in the FILES folder of the Nicolaudie Cloud. You then can "download" the xxx.wmp file, but not import into Profile Builder. You can send the file and then re-import only into the FILES folder again and then SYNC with WTOOLS to find it in the Wolfmix Controller side in the Wolfmix folder.

The problem is: when creating a profile on the Profile Builder, you have more (DMX) functions here than creating profiles directly on the Wolfmix i.e. SPEED, or Preset alignments etc. On the OTHER side, if creating profiles in the Wolfmix directly, you can manipulate DMX Defaults like Pan & Tilt, which you can't alter when creating a profile on the Profile Builder. Profile Builder always and only has DMX values of 127. On the Wolfmix you can edit Pan/Tilt defaults directly to your desired values. But then you can't provide that information back to the Profile Builder (.ssl2).

It would be great to have a higher compatibility of the edits and functions in order to interchange the profiles between Wolfmix .wmp and Profile Builder .ssl2 file formats. So more "interoperability" of .wmp files and .ssl2 files in Profile Builder would be appreciated.
videoman

Re: Feature Request: Import .wmp files into Profile Builder

Post by videoman »

this is what exactly I need, can not use my SSL2 Profiles in Wolfmix, when I add my ssl2 profile in EasyView2 is not recognized by Wolfmix's wmp profile
djmichaeljames

Post by djmichaeljames »

BUMP... this needs to be fixed.
Simon

Post by Simon »

We're planning to implement WMP->Profile builder conversion this year. It's not something that's broken rather something we need to develop.

This is part of a TODO list which ends up with Wolfmix synchronising the fixture list with the 3D, so you don't have to add your lights twice!