New Feature quick access for the Prism

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Dj Mell 26

New Feature quick access for the Prism

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

Please added a new feature :

Addition of quick access by key combinations or other for the Prism function and its rotation.

Thank's
Last edited by Dj Mell 26 on Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
axell

Re: New Feature quick access for the Prism

Post by axell »

+1 on this!
I believe this is the most demanded (and missing) function on Wolfmix and needs to be addressed as quick as possible. All other solutions/workaround to get PRISM work (i.e. Live Edit Presets w fixed rotations; "stealing" other functions (Gobo for Prism) or Live Edit Preset (Prism On/Off) + external Fader Box for Rotation assignment, etc ..) doesn't justify the Wolfmix to be the excellent product it (actually) is. Missing this functionality degrades the whole product.
Dj Mell 26

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

Thank you for your support Axell ;)

I am disappointed for another point, I have 4 identical moving heads with Prism, Motorized Focus and 2 gobo wheels, including one with 8 static + open gobos and another with 6 rotating + open gobos and that too is a hassle to not have quick access to the different gobos, you have to create live edits and to know that normally... I can superimpose the two gobo wheels to achieve another effect and the worst thing is that the rotating gobo wheel and the second which I don't have direct access to, you can change the gobo preferences, but it's a shame not to choose them on the fly.

We have the focus but I find that its location was badly chosen, we won't have the reflex to go to the POSITION button, I don't find this choice very intuitive.
Last edited by Dj Mell 26 on Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

The position of the focus I also find not optimally placed. I also have heads with 2 gobo wheels so I have to program the focus depending on which wheel I use 2 times. I handle it just so that I program the first side of the positions for the gobo wheel 1 and the 2nd side for the 2nd gobo wheel. But I find that also not optimal.

2 gobo wheels on top of each other to put I find now not bad to solve this via a LiveEdit, even here you have to adjust the focus individually and here the application is not so huge.

With the fast access to prism I am immediately there, my heads have 2 different prisms, zoom, with Colorwhell rotation and a few small things, the first page of the LiveEdits is already fully occupied with these functions.

SHIFT+Gobo would be the tool of choice here if I could decide it.

Another way which was already considered here in the forum would be to use the 3 encoders of the Liveedit page, Push activates the value and with the encoder you can set the value. This would also be a good way to use it for Prism and Zoom.

Even better would be that you can activate a Liveedit in a line and edit the value range with the encoder above. So 5 liveedits with 5 encoder values. In German we would say: That would be great cinema.
Matthias Steenblock

- Owner Dj MSB & Event Rental
- Projectmanager for entertainment systems for the cruise industry

Languages: German, English
Place of residence: Aurich, Lower Saxony, Germany
davidrea16

Post by davidrea16 »

I am glad I am not the only one who has problems switching on and off the prism in my ADL Inno Spot LED also I am finding the guides very lacking in some information.

I look up something and there is not really enough detailed information for me to actually answer what I am looking for.

The W1 is a great product but there are some shortcomings which should be addressed for the cost of the unit.

How do you save presets and how do you delete presets you no longer need.

The W1 guides says tht the W1 comes loaded with a lot of presets but I cannot find them ????
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

davidrea16 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:14 pm I am glad I am not the only one who has problems switching on and off the prism in my ADL Inno Spot LED also I am finding the guides very lacking in some information.

I look up something and there is not really enough detailed information for me to actually answer what I am looking for.

The W1 is a great product but there are some shortcomings which should be addressed for the cost of the unit.

How do you save presets and how do you delete presets you no longer need.

The W1 guides says tht the W1 comes loaded with a lot of presets but I cannot find them ????
To delete a preset, hit Shift+Preset, then backspace until the entire title has been removed; press the tick button and then you'll find that Preset is now blacked out.