Feature Request: more "flexible" Preset allocation following DMX default value

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

Feature Request: more "flexible" Preset allocation following DMX default value

Post by axell »

I noticed in GOBO WHEEL channel, that when I have Presets ranges (i.e Preset 2 = 026 - 045, Preset 3 = 046 - 65, ...) the DMX Default value is always somewhere "in the middle" of the Preset (i.e. Preset 1 = ~35, Preset 2 =~ 55). However, if I monitor the DMX values sending out, it sends always exactly on the lowest Preset value, like Preset 1 = 026, Preset 2 = 046, ... Can this be changed to "follow" the DMX Default I am typing when creating the profile? Wish I could put a Preset value of 043 on Preset 1, or 060 on Preset 2.
Why do I want this? Well, in the absence of a "controller" for "other moving DMX parts" (think of Motor Rotation and similar), I can misuse the Gobo section with a "rotary encoder" for that usage. I can place fixed Presets in here plus I can have one Preset for using the encoder to speed up/down the motor. It would be nice if the GOBO WHEEL DMX VALUES are being accepted and not just the lowest boundary of a Preset for more accurate speed assignments.