How can I use the 2nd Universe?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
DJLiquid50

How can I use the 2nd Universe?

Post by DJLiquid50 »

Hi,

Proud new Wolfmix owner here =).

In my DMX Universe options settings I only have access to 1 universe. The 2nd universe says buy now without a price listed, but I thought 2 universes were included. The 3rd and 4th universe list a price of $99.

Can anybody help me to get access to the 2nd universe? When I click on it I don't have any additional options.

Thanks!
axell

Re: How can I use the 2nd Universe?

Post by axell »

If you buy original Wolfmix W1 you have 2 Universes as default. If you are in the US and buy an Wolfmix from ADJ WMX1, you have ONE Universe. On (orig) W1 to utilize 2nd Universe: on W1 press HOME / SETTINGS select XLR Output (A,B,C,D) and assign any to Universe 2. To address a fixture to Universe 2 select a fixture in FIXTURE SETUP and dial right encoder (DMX ADDR.) to 1:512 - now keep dialing and it will change to 2:001, 2:002 .... You have now entered Universe 2

On W1 you should see in WTOOLS something like.... (where Universe 1 & 2 are enabled)
wtools.jpg
wtools.jpg (118.66 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
DJLiquid50

Re: How can I use the 2nd Universe?

Post by DJLiquid50 »

Thank you for this excellent explanation .

I only saw information online that said I would get access to two universes. I didn't see anywhere that this ADJ version would limit me to one and forced me to spend $100 more.

That being said, thank you so much for explaining to me why I didn't have access to the second universe.