Feature Request: Pls add White, Amber & UV to the COLOR FX engine

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

Feature Request: Pls add White, Amber & UV to the COLOR FX engine

Post by axell »

Right now, Wolfmix is exclusive working with R, G & B color values when using ColorFX. The mixed colors are created by adding just R,G & B values But fixture vendors also adding additional Color channels like White, Amber & UV, which cannot be (native) integrated and addressed into the ColorFX engine. Please add these colors to the ColorFX engine.
benictrs

Re: Feature Request: Pls add White, Amber & UV to the COLOR FX engine

Post by benictrs »

+1 from me on this one
Simon

Post by Simon »

They already can.
axell

Post by axell »

On COLOR FX?? I thought only R, G & B is used in Color FX, also to create mixed colors as White (where R,G & B are fully on and NOT utilizing the White Color channel!) - same with Amber. It is "mixed" from R,G & B (255,140,0) and NOT using the Amber Channel
axell

Post by axell »

Double checked R, G & B behaviour on COLOR FX. It definitely does not use ANY other channels, only Red, Green and Blue. I had a fixture with 4 single lamps, one red, one green, one blue, one white. Only the RGB values were jumping up & down putting the first 3 lamps on & off, lamp 4 with white was NEVER on. When "WHITE" was a selected color in Color FX, the 3 lamps (Red, Green & Blue) were lit (to create a RGB white) - but with 4 lamps that doesn't work AND it proves visible that any other color (like White, Amber & UV) are definitely NOT part of the Color FX table.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Hello Alex,

in the standard the colors are programmed on RGB, if you open however in the ColorFx a color with SHIFT you can store here new values inclusive White Amber UV and these then store afterwards the wolf works with these values on the FX. It does not work automatically I think that is a problem in the Progammierung where for different types of fixtures should be stored different values.
Matthias Steenblock

- Owner Dj MSB & Event Rental
- Projectmanager for entertainment systems for the cruise industry

Languages: German, English
Place of residence: Aurich, Lower Saxony, Germany
axell

Post by axell »

Matthias,

you are correct! thanks

I double (double!) checked your comment and created a 6 Beam fixture and it is true that DEFAULT only R,G,B are being used. You HAVE to assign White, Amber & UV in the COLOR PICKER of COLOR FX(!) in order to utilize them also in the Color FX effect engine, otherwise those colors (white & amber) will be "emulated/mixed" from the R, G, B values only

(besides - when assigning the correct color to the button it shows the wrong color after storing :-). Test: in ColorFX Color Picker turn everything down to 0% and dial WHITE only to 100%. As long it is flashing it shows some white-ish color, if you confirm/STORE it changes to light green = minor detail but irritating)
battihu

Post by battihu »

The beside part: same at my unit.
I started a topic for that
[url]viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407/[url]
still the same.
Suggestion from Simon to completly start a new project, maybe recreate fixture profile also nesessarry.
Until now no time/possibilities to do this but in my plan.
Simon was unable to reproduce this.
Check my post, made pictures about the incorrect stored button color.
Maybe you can do what Simon asks ;)
axell

Post by axell »

created a fresh project called: "wrong color", showing the same behavior:

• just patched ONE fixture
• select COLOR FX
• select one button for color picker (Shift)+button
• enter RGBW mode
• dial R, G & B to 0%
• dial white to 100%
• button flashing white-"ish"
• confirm button (store) changes to light green

running 0.6.6

I've made a video of this process but cannot upload here as it is too large (I could provide via Dropbox, if interested). If someone from Nicolaudie can verify this behavior, please, or do we need to create a ticket?

Thanks
-Axel-
axell

Post by axell »

battihu - the problem with "false color buttons" is, when in the Settings the BUTTON BRIGHTNESS is less than 70% (mine was actually on 0%!). 70% and up gives a much better and accurate color representation on the buttons (Thanks for heads up on this, Simon)