What I really desperate miss on Wolfmix: a "slider" (fader/encoder) to assign "moving" DMX Types onto

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

What I really desperate miss on Wolfmix: a "slider" (fader/encoder) to assign "moving" DMX Types onto

Post by axell »

On LightRider you can assign the ROLL slider in a profile to any movement or rotation or whatsoever dynamically (0%-100%), when turning up and down the ROLL slider - and it stays at that "speed". On Wolfmix I ONLY have PAN parameter for "movements", and that is "left-stop-right-stop-left ...." or "back & forth" only. If there is just a Rotation (slow-fast) the Pan is "sub-optimal" as the values varies all the time.
Do you think you can come up with some encoder re-assignment to emulate like the Roll slider on LightRider (DMX Type Barrel Roll), as you introduced the FEATURE knob on BEAM FX already?
Simon

Re: What I really desperate miss on Wolfmix: a "slider" (fader/encoder) to assign "moving" DMX Types onto

Post by Simon »

We're considering adding some user definable encoders on the Live Edits screen. Not confirmed yet but we're thinking about it.
leesinthemix

Re: What I really desperate miss on Wolfmix: a "slider" (fader/encoder) to assign "moving" DMX Types onto

Post by leesinthemix »

Simon wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:55 am We're considering adding some user definable encoders on the Live Edits screen. Not confirmed yet but we're thinking about it.
Yes this sounds great.

An on/off DMX Force option for each encoder would also be handy.

There are situations where you would want a channel to follow Movement FX and other instances where you'd want to override this.
First dance at weddings for example.