can the right row buttons (Strobe/Blinder/Speed/Blackout) be accessed by external DMX controller?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

can the right row buttons (Strobe/Blinder/Speed/Blackout) be accessed by external DMX controller?

Post by axell »

the subject says it: is there a way to externally control/remote push somehow those buttons on the right side? someone may want to attach a remote DMX device to control just a few effects like Wolf, Blinder, Strobe or Blackout from a distance and not having the Wolfmix right next on stage with next to your feet.
Simon

Re: can the right row buttons (Strobe/Blinder/Speed/Blackout) be accessed by external DMX controller?

Post by Simon »

This isn't currently possible but I can add it to the suggestions list. Right now DMX Input can control:
-Group Dimmers
-Presets
-DMX Channels
leesinthemix

Re: can the right row buttons (Strobe/Blinder/Speed/Blackout) be accessed by external DMX controller?

Post by leesinthemix »

Hey Simon,

I'd love to be able to control SPEED of the Movement FX from a fader on external DMX so you're essentially overwriting ("LOCK" option) the preset.

However, I'm guessing the implementation of this becomes a bit tricky on a board without motorised faders.
Something to think about for the future though.

I'll embed a video of what I mean when I get some time this week.