Multi-beam fixtures

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
[email protected]

Multi-beam fixtures

Post by [email protected] »

Where can I find more information on how to patch multi-beam fixtures? I noticed the WolfMix videos state that they'll address them in another video but, I can't find that video. I have some Chauvet Dj FX Par9's and FX Par3's. I can't control the SMD's and they stay on full all the time, not the look I was looking for. I've programmed them in MyDMX3 and I have full control. I would like to do the same with Wolfmix. Any help would be appreciated.
Simon

Re: Multi-beam fixtures

Post by Simon »

When adding the fixture, you should see a message asking if you would like to split the fixture. If you click 'YES', you can then add some of the beams to another group and separately control the dimmer. If you don't get asked this question, you may not have the latest update of the profile. Check WTOOLS for the latest version.

Further info here:
https://www.wolfmix.com/support-content ... ltifx_bars
axell

Post by axell »

Simon, if the fixtures has 2 or 3 Beams but a unified Dimmer channel and Strobe channel, does it mean the fixture cannot be split? I have a fixture where FIRST are the Beam channels (1. Beam RGB, 2. Beam RGB etc) and AFTER THAT following the unified Dimmer and unified Strobe channels. They don‘t split because the Dimmer & Strobe have to be assigned to ALL Beams after the individual (1, 2, 3) Beam RGBs. (and you mentioned a „sequenced“ order for spli is required…) :-)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Indeed if the beams share channels they can't be split. There is a work-around: Wolfmix doesn't use the Dimmer channel if the fixtures have RGB (rather it dims the RGB channels instead), therefore you could just assign the dimmer channel to one single beam. If the dimmer channel is at the end of the fixture, assign it to the last beam, if it's at the beginning of the fixture assign it to the first beam.