Feature Request: Movement FX / Beam FX - Global Speed

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
leesinthemix

Feature Request: Movement FX / Beam FX - Global Speed

Post by leesinthemix »

Hey there,

I was hoping it might be possible in the future for a global setting which would dictate and overwrite the saved speed of Movement/Beam FX presets.

It would be really nice to be able to, for example play a column of presets, with a global speed and all presets in that column, play according to the same time signature; as well as be able to amend the speed in real time. This would be especially effective set to beat increments.

Cheers,
Lee
Simon

Re: Feature Request: Movement FX / Beam FX - Global Speed

Post by Simon »

Does the SPEED button on the right not achieve what you're looking for?
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Simon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:11 pm Does the SPEED button on the right not achieve what you're looking for?
Hi Simon,

I get what you're referring to; however, for example say you've got some presets in a column on a 4 beat time and some an 8 beat time, the SPEED button will simply multiply or halve, rather than ask them all to play at the same speed.
I want to be able to overwrite the saved speed, which would allow one speed for slower tunes and vise versa for faster tunes.

I've been designing columns based on mood and periods of a night, so to be able to select the speed and just press play on a column, then I wouldn't need to touch the light show for a few minutes at the time (except for colour changes), as the HOLD times are set to 30 seconds for example.
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Column two on the SPEED window could definitely be used to accomplish this?
Column three could be used to toggle on or off overwriting the saved preset speed?

The ability to edit each of the five buttons to be any speed from 8 to 1/16 would also be really handy!
deejaykris

Post by deejaykris »

leesinthemix wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:43 pm
Simon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:11 pm Does the SPEED button on the right not achieve what you're looking for?
Hi Simon,

I get what you're referring to; however, for example say you've got some presets in a column on a 4 beat time and some an 8 beat time, the SPEED button will simply multiply or halve, rather than ask them all to play at the same speed.
I want to be able to overwrite the saved speed, which would allow one speed for slower tunes and vise versa for faster tunes.

I've been designing columns based on mood and periods of a night, so to be able to select the speed and just press play on a column, then I wouldn't need to touch the light show for a few minutes at the time (except for colour changes), as the HOLD times are set to 30 seconds for example.
Yap. That is what I’m looking for too 🔥🔥🔥