Feature Request: Strobe Phasing

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
bd97

Feature Request: Strobe Phasing

Post by bd97 »

Pretty self explanatory! The ability to control strobe phase in addition to strobe speed would be a useful addition to the strobe effect, especially when using multiple light heads. Rather than all of the lights strobing on and off at the precisely the same time, adding in some phasing would vary the timing slightly between each head. Perhaps in 25% increments.

In a dark room, the end result of adding in "strobe phase" is the appearance of light sources flashing from different directions. This is a powerful feature found on other (much more expensive) lighting controllers, and it gives a striking, dynamic, high-dollar look. Seems simple enough to implement into a future firmware update. Food for thought! :)
sandis.soms

Re: Feature Request: Strobe Phasing

Post by sandis.soms »

Agree 100% Must have!!!
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Yes lovely request.

+1 ! ! !
sandis.soms

Post by sandis.soms »

So. Any feedback on this? For now strobe effect is almost useless.
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Pretty cool idea and especially as there are quite a lot of high end, but affordable Strobe Panel type fixtures coming into the market of late as SMD LEDs are coming down in price.

I would love to give my Cameo strobes some new possibilities. Nice feature request!
bd97

Post by bd97 »

Still holding out hope that we might see this implemented in a future update! Doing 3 hour shows with the WMX1, I've noticed the strobe effect starts to lose a bit of the wow factor towards the end of the night... and that's trying not to abuse it. Adding in phasing would take the strobe effect to another level.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I love this simple but powerful feature! Can we add phasing to the blinder too?
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Thanks for this suggestion, I am currently compiling a list of the most requested features that could be included in future Wolfmix updates/ revisions so will add this to the list!

Alex
Wolfmix Technical Support
Alex
Wolfmix Support