Bug Report: 0.6.4 - Ignore Flash Buttons on Groups

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

Bug Report: 0.6.4 - Ignore Flash Buttons on Groups

Post by axell »

This feature does nicely work as expected if you just "test" only this function. You select the Group and then with the 3rd encoder your select which Flash Button you want to select/deselect and then you PRESS the encoder and ..voila, this Group ignores Wolf or Strobe or ...

The bug comes, when you play a little BEFORE you go into SETUP/GROUPS. Do a few COLOR FX Presets and also play a little with STATIC colors and NOW you go into Setup and GROUPS. By driving up/down Encoder 1 to select the Group, the Wolfmix AUTOMATICALLY adds into each Group the disable Push Button of currently selected. WITHOUT EVEN PUSHING ENCODER 3, just by driving up and down encoder 1!. Now you can of cause deselect the Group - by select the Group with encoder 1 and press encoder 3, but if you "drive" up and down the Groups again with encoder 1 all Push Button are again being disabled! Can you please confirm?
Marxn

Re: Bug Report: 0.6.4 - Ignore Flash Buttons on Groups

Post by Marxn »

Hi Axell,
this relates also to my post
viewtopic.php?p=1422#p1422

So it really is a bug.

Greetings
Marxn
Working with my Wolfmix in Paderborn, Germany
www.bdm-systems.de
axell

Post by axell »

I was under the impression that your topic was more about the SPEED and Sync with Traktor? My issue is that when in Setup/Groups you "don't even have to click-to-select" the Flash selection (Wolf/Strobe/Blinder/Blackout) on the Group anymore - it is just AUTOSELECTED when you just highlight the Group alone. So if you run up & down all Groups with encoder 1, all Groups will turn on WOLF or STROBE and so AUTOMATICALLY on. You have then to manually DE-select them.
I learned that this is a bug IF only certain(?) parameters of the PROFILE are given. So it is NOT generally repeatable on all Wolfmix devices. Some do - some don't. Wolfmix team is aware of that but need to investigate into the root cause (analyze the project files) in order to fix it.
Marxn

Post by Marxn »

I was under the impression that your topic was more about the SPEED and Sync with Traktor?
Yes, this was one of the bugs/behaviour I noticed in that firmware. Simon extracted my posts from another topic.

@Simon: If I can help with any show or fixture file to reproduce the behaviour, let me know.
Working with my Wolfmix in Paderborn, Germany
www.bdm-systems.de
Simon

Post by Simon »

Still struggling to reproduce this one. If you can share your project I'll see if I can reproduce it with the project.