Feature Request: More than one FX per FX-Rack

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
theducks

Feature Request: More than one FX per FX-Rack

Post by theducks »

Hi,

I wish I could use two (or more) different Move-FXes or Color-FXes or Beam-FXes to assign to different groups.

For Example:
Move-FX1 = Circle > Group 2 for MH Spots
Move-FX2 = Up and Down > Group 3 for MH Washes or MH Beams or LED-Bars with Tilt-effect.

Beam-FX1 = Chaser1 > Group 1 for LED Spots
Beam-FX2 = Chaser2 > Group 2 for MH Spots to change dimmer output

Color-FX1 = Color-Change1 > Group 1 for LED Spots to change Color during Beam-FX1
Color-FX2 = Color-Change2 in slow speed for Group 4 for Ambient Lights in the Room.

Only one FX per Rack reduces the system to a 2-3 fixture control-device... I don't know what I should do with 8 groups and 4 possible dmx-lines, when I cannot assign additional FXes for different fixture-types/groups.

So for me 2 FXes per Rack would enough for the use-cases I need the wolfmix w1.

Its a cool device.. I hope some restrictions are still being eliminated in the future.
Simon

Re: Feature Request: More than one FX per FX-Rack

Post by Simon »

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. We've been asked for this one before. We feel it could make the controller more complicated to use with its current layout, but we'll consider it for the future.
theducks

Post by theducks »

Hi,
maybe you can do an "professional-mode" setting in the Settings menu.

And then a Shift+FX-Rack-Button becomes a second FX.
theducks

Post by theducks »

I understand that it should be easy as possible.. and I like it very much.

So only ONE additional FX generator per Rack would be enough. For all others scenarios there are other dmx lighting controllers out there.
Marxn

Post by Marxn »

Hi Guys,
I agree with @theducks and his request. It also would like to use this especially with chaser effects, to have different speeds f.e. for moving heads and LED spots.
Working with my Wolfmix in Paderborn, Germany
www.bdm-systems.de
Marxn

Post by Marxn »

When enabling or disabling an effect for a group, the effect generator adds the fixtures in the group to the whole line of fixtures.
This sometimes changes the complete look of the effect, as f.e. the phase would use a different amount of fixtures.
Would a setting be possible to have the same effect running individually within each group?
Working with my Wolfmix in Paderborn, Germany
www.bdm-systems.de
wayne

Post by wayne »

This has been brought up before and I agree two racks would solve the issue, I like the idea of shift selecting the FX rack to select a second rack of effects!
videoman

Post by videoman »

Is this a POSSIBLE in the near future update? We all need different Move-Color-Beam Fxs applied to groups
EmilLock

Post by EmilLock »

I second this, The controler is so easy i think it wouldnt complicate anything. And if it did, make it a togle function in The menu.
Statix

Post by Statix »

Also looking forward for this, any updates here? Seperate Fx per group would be great.