A note on Denon StagelinQ

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Simon

A note on Denon StagelinQ

Post by Simon »

We've had a few Wolfmixers asking us to take a look into the StagelinQ protocol. Unfortunately the protocol doesn't contain a simple BPM sync in the same way as Ableton Link and OS2L does. One possible solution would be to use the Timecode Sync software which takes several pieces of information from the StagelinQ protocol and uses this to calculate a BPM which it then converts to Ableton Link. The only problem is this tool is quite expensive:
https://timecodesync.com/sync

We're going to watch how Denon develops the StageLinQ protocol and if they one day make it more accessible to third party developers in the same way as Virtual DJ and Ableton have done, then we shall consider implementing it into WTOOLS.
djrox

Re: A note on Denon StagelinQ

Post by djrox »

Engine DJ 2.0 now supports Ableton Link! Is it possible to have another look into how to connect the wolfmix with Denon-Hardware?
Simon

Post by Simon »

So it does! In this case it should just be a case of having the Denon on the same network as the computer running WTOOLS, then hit the LINK button....
djrox

Post by djrox »

Could that be also possible to sync to Ableton Link without WTOOLS (and a computer)?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ableton LINK runs over a network...so impossible without adding a network socket
djrox

Post by djrox »

Hm... I've powered the Wolfmix via the USB-Port on my Denon Prime4. But i guess that would not be possible either...
Lefaux

Post by Lefaux »

Simon wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:54 pm so impossible without adding a network socket
I have to admit that having a network socket in the unit would be amazing, though.
We usually have a DJ Prolink network connecting Pioneer gear, so hooking the Wolfmix into the network would be REALLY cool.
OTOH I expect Pioneer to put a hefty price tag onto the license to use DJ Prolink.... so dreaming it is :)
MIDI Clock might be worth looking into, though.

The upper range of Pioneer mixers has 5-pin MIDI outputs that deliver MIDI-Clock from the DJ Pro Link.
Utilizing USB-MIDI could be done.

Give it a thought :)
djscottyb

Post by djscottyb »

djrox wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:42 pm Hm... I've powered the Wolfmix via the USB-Port on my Denon Prime4. But i guess that would not be possible either...

This is actually handy info! Didn't even cross my mind! haha Thanks for the tip!