Wolfmix freezes

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
DJDerrick

Wolfmix freezes

Post by DJDerrick »

Hi, anybody who might know the cause and solution for the next issue? The first three parties the wolfmix was operating as it should. I have the latest firmware. Last night I had it to reboot 6 times! It operated normally for a while and suddenly the screen went totally white for a second or 2 followed by the wolfmix logo and it froze. After switching of power it lost the current project and each time I had to load it again. Very annoying of course.

Can it have something to do with power voltage instability? The power cable is new and was connected correctly.

Any similar experiences somebody might have please? Thank you
sandis.soms

Re: Wolfmix freezes

Post by sandis.soms »

Did you add/change/swap some fixtures/groups or import presets/fixtures from another project? When wolfmix freezes, what button is pressed live edit/gobo/presets?
sandis.soms

Post by sandis.soms »

I had a similar problem, when my fixtures has long names, but it was solved already. Now i got some problems when i import fixtures from another project, sometimes some of the imported fixtures wont respond at all.
DJDerrick

Post by DJDerrick »

The Wolfmix gets into trouble by its own, I don't press anything at the time it freezes.

It happens that I edit a live-edit or preset live when DJ-ing.
So these kind of changes I did compared to earlier parties. No fixtures, groups were edited or added, no imports from other projects.
I remember I changed a parameter or two in the Settings, maybe that's the cause?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi Dirk

I've replied to your e-mail this morning. I have your project here and haven't reproduced the crash yet. In the meantime try a Factory Reset from WTOOLS. It often solves these kind of problems which can sometimes appear when loading the same project across major firmware updates (0.6 changed a lot in the project format from 0.5).

We'll keep in touch over e-mail.
DJDerrick

Post by DJDerrick »

Hi Simon,
Last night I discovered the cause, a faulty power socket. A tiny movement of the USB charger can result in a millisecond of power cut causing the Wolfmix to freeze or show garbage on the screen. Simply using another power socket resolved the problem.

Hopefully this doesn’t harm the unit too much?

Kind regards,
Dirk