JMAZ AERO SPOT 60

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
djjoematt

JMAZ AERO SPOT 60

Post by djjoematt »

I just purchased four "JMAZ AERO SPOT 60" moving heads. I have the WolfMix WMX1. I've added the "Aero Spot 60" fixture from the WTools App on my 2020 M1 MacBook Air (And my 2018 MacBook pro just for fun).

To be sure I didn't add the wrong fixture I added it once more just now. So it's definitely the correct fixture added to the WMX1. When I set up the Aero Spot 60's in the WMX1, I set up 4 fixtures. There are 2 DMX Channel Modes available on the Aero Spot 60. Currently they are in DMX Channel Mode 11. (I have the same problem in DMX Channel Mode 13 though, it might be worth noting)

The issue I'm having is when I change colors. For example, from the Home screen in the WMX1 with with all "FX" turned off if I start with the color Amber, all 4 lights will be Amber. 😀 When I change to yellow though, the 4th light turns red. 🧐 If I change to pink the second light in the chain will turn Purple. 🤨 If I change back to Amber the second and fourth lights in the chain will continue to be the wrong colors. (Although, they do change colors. Just not the color that matches the button I'm pushing).

I have this issue only when I'm sending wireless DMX to the fixtures. I've used Donner Wireless Receiver/Transmitters and the JMAZ Transmitter directly to the built in DMX receivers in the Aero Spot 60's. I believe they call their wireless stuff Wi-MAZ. Everything else works great. Gobo's, all the FX, Position sets, strob, etc. It's just the color issue.

I have the current firmware W1 -V0.6.7

If I turn off the Aero Spot 60 lights and restart them from the fixture settings window with the Aero Spots selected they will change back and match again. But if I again, hit the Yellow/Pink button they do the same thing and change colors that are different then the button color I've pressed.

I'm still relatively new to Lighting but have a good grasp of the basics. This is certainly a wireless issue not a wired one. The whole purpose of getting the Aero Spots though is because they are wireless and battery powered. I'm a small operation so set up time is crucial. I'm hoping there is a way to fix the issue with some good ol' settings adjustments. I just don't know where to start. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
djjoematt

Re: JMAZ AERO SPOT 60

Post by djjoematt »

Figured out it's actually the fixtures that are having an issue. Yay Wolfmix WMX1 for not being the issue!!!
axell

Re: JMAZ AERO SPOT 60

Post by axell »

just a few suggestions:
Update WTOOLS (1.4) and after that update Wolfmix to 0.7.5. Even if it says „beta“ it is already available for quite some time now and fixes a few earlier issues and added new features, beside it is solid as 0.6.7 was.

Profiles, even when selecting the correct name, are not guaranteed to function out of the box. They mostly need minor or even major adjustments (edits) for best operations.

Next: do not attach the wireless transmitter directly to the XLR Outs of the Wolfmix. The Wireless frequenciy can disturb the Wolfmix processor if sending too strong wireless signals too close to the electronics inside. Instead apply a short DMX cable between the Out and the wireless device (1-3 ft)

If you have issues, try to isolate. Only attach ONE single fixture (one-by-one) and check it out first, before going for the full project, attaching all fixtures at once.

Last: You can actually check out what DMX data Wolfmix is sending. Go to HOME / SETUP / DMX Values and read the DMX values of the channels. you can then compare with the manual if Wolfmix is sending the correct (expected) values. If correct, then the issue is in the communication chain. If it is sending wrong data, then the profile has an issue.