Showtec Airstrike

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
SimonDK

Showtec Airstrike

Post by SimonDK »

Hello.

It doesn’t seems that the showtec airstrike is working correctly with the wolfmix. when I’m using it I don’t see any movement and I have tried the different profiles that are available at light cloud.

I do see the lamp is turning on, and I do see different colors and different gobo. But I do not see the Miros turning or tilting. It will also be nice to have a turn off lamp mode so the lamp can cool off
axell

Re: Showtec Airstrike

Post by axell »

It is a "bit" of a special effect fixture, which will not work "out-of-the box" as is! It requires
  • a modified profile to match the effect capabilities of the effect fixture to the Wolfmix control capabilities
  • and also a very dedicated post install process to produce (at least) "some useful" effects
It is NOT plug & play!

Here is the Control:
  • Download the profile and load into Wolfmix
  • When loading you are asked to "SPLIT" the fixture - confirm with YES
  • Example: You now have 4 (sub/linked) fixtures all in the same Group A
  • select "4beam"-2 and change to Group B
  • select (both) "4beam"-3 and "4beam"-4 and click "crosshair" symbol on top of screen - entering Fixture Limits
  • dial encoders: MIN PAN = 50% / MAX PAN = 100% / MIN TILT = 50% /MAX TILT = 100%
  • press 2x HOME
  • open MoveFX and select CIRCLE pattern, put SPEED = 0% / PHASE = 0% / SIZE = 50% / FADE = 100%
Activate MoveFX and slowly raise SPEED to 5% - The 4 Mirrors will slowly "drive" thru the various "amplitude Presets" (from Biggest to smallest). When reaching "desired" effect, return SPEED to 0% and it holds this amplitude pattern. For more pattern or less pattern, change SIZE to 100% (all pattern) or to 20 or 10% which will only enable 1 or 2 amplitude pattern.

The Roller Rotation (Move & Shake) can be found in GOBO:
  • Open Gobo
  • In Group A you see the "regular" Gobos
  • In Group B you see only one (green) Gobo symbol, activate (any) and dial the ROTATE encoder and it will start to rotate, de-select the green Gobo and it will Stop
Color selection is through static Color, Strobe is Strobe Button
Attachments
Airstrike 4beam mirror.ssl2
(28.93 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
SimonDK

Re: Showtec Airstrike

Post by SimonDK »

Thanks for the answer. I don't think it works as well as it could. :)

isn't it possible to make mirror 1,2,3,4 run as 4 different units and then only as tilt?
- so if, for example, I select the up and down movement in moveFX, and phase is set to 0%, size to e.g. 50% and fade to 100%
then all mirrors would run exactly the same.

in addition to that, the dimmer is constantly off, so even if I choose e.g. red under "color" no light comes out.
I also can't get the mirror roll to work. :(

Is it possible to get phone support? Or maybe online meeting/support?