CS-1000RGB MK3

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
djaydavidz

CS-1000RGB MK3

Post by djaydavidz »

Dear Wolfmix,

I tried to setup Laserworld’s CS-1000RGB MK3 (https://www.laserworld.com/en/download- ... I_web.html), but noticed that almost nothing was supported.
I also looked into other lasers but got the same behavior.

Since wolfmix supports pan, tilt, rotate and gobo for moving heads I would figure it wouldn’t be hard to support things like offset, size, rotate and pattern for lasers right?
I know that I could programs presets manually, but it would be great if I could actually use the FX to control my lasers for the majority of my shows.

Hoping for some insights, or maybe I’m doing stuff wrong here.

David
axell

Re: CS-1000RGB MK3

Post by axell »

You can only use what is available! Wolfmix was not intended to "support" Lasers right out-of-the-box. Wolfmix is not a Standalone Laser Controller.
Laser are a different lighting category connected by ILDA and have specific (PC) Software to control. It was not meant to be part of the supported DMX Lighting category on Wolfmix. Because if it would have been, you would find the "hooks" of Control for such devices.

Now, as there are some Lasers with DMX available, the idea come in natural to connect it to a DMX controller. BUT...to control a Laser is (as I said) "different" compared to regular RGB PARs, or LED Bars or Moving Heads. Wolfmix provide standard DMX Types for the mentioned Lighting fixtures as RGB control, Dimmer, Strobe, Pan/Tilt etc. But NOT for Lasers. You may "emulate" X-axis/Y-axis with Pan/Tilt - which can give you different results as you may expect - or selecting Colors with a Color Wheel preset. All other controls are simply not implemented and not available. That is why is is so hard to direct control a Laser on Wolfmix. You simply don't have the other (required) control parameters like:
Blanking; Sinus Movement; Rotation (of different axis, i.e. Z-axis); Offset (X-axis / Y-axis); Size X, Size Y, Drawing Effect, Scan Speed; and their Presets etc - just to name few. Beside the complete lack of a Laser Secure Stop (Emergency) operation (for Laser with more than 1mW)

I think it describes a bit the SUPPORT situation of Lasers on Wolfmix...

However, of course you can ignore everything and build your very own profile based on the control requirements of a Laser to match with the available controller functions on Wolfmix. As I said, Pan/Tilt could operate as X-axis/Y-axis and Color selection could be a Color Wheel configuration. But this will entirely on YOUR very own support. You have to be skilled enough to create your own profile. The official answer to "SUPPORT" Laser will probably: Use Live Edit Presets.