Boomtone DJ Dynamo Scan LED

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
PiePatraque

Boomtone DJ Dynamo Scan LED

Post by PiePatraque »

Hello,
I got some Boomtone DJ Dynamo Scan LED (manual with DMX channels here: https://static.sonovente.com/pdf/manual ... elfren.pdf) and everything works well except for the color wheel.

Some colors are off (blue would be purple for example), and some colors are simply not accessible with the color picker (yellow for instance).

I think those are pretty common fixture, so it would be nice to have the public profile updated :).
axell

Re: Boomtone DJ Dynamo Scan LED

Post by axell »

There are no common fixture, as there is no real DMX Standard. So every vendor is doing his „own thing“ . And this also applies to your problem. As there is no standard definition of how many colors a color wheel is showing and also in which order (different vendor, different color wheel, different colors,…), your problem is that your Color Wheel selection simply does not recall the right Color Preset from the profile (= correct DMX value for the matching Color Preset).
It is also quite common that when not using Generic (clearly defined) Colors for Preset selection, the Preset can be mismatching (i.e a Blue and a „Darker“ Blue may result in showing „just“ one Blue, but not selecting 2 different Blue, even if it has 2 different Blue on the Color Wheel).
Check the manual for Colors and their Presets and define clear (Generic) Color in the profile for best Color selection results.
axell

Post by axell »

You can have THIS modified profile. It has 8 (full) colors, which are:
White
Violet (re-assign to Magenta)
Green
Light Blue (re-assign to Sky Blue)
Pink (re-assign to Pink)
Dark Blue (re-assign to Blue)
Yellow (re-assign to Yellow)
Orange
You can now add 2 more of Dual- Colors:
Dark Blue-Yellow (re-assign to UV)
Green-Light Blue (re-assign to Mint)

After loading the profile you have to re-assign certain Colors Presets to (Generic) Color buttons:
Enter static Color, press SHIFT+any button (enter Color Picker). Top right corner select ColorWheel symbol. Now choose any of the Names (Mint, UV, Sky Blue, Yellow, Pink, Magenta....) to assign this Preset with the corresponding Color. Continue until all 10 Presets are set. Now your fixture will show the right Color when pressing the button.
Attachments
Dynamo Scan LED - Color fix.ssl2
(21.06 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
PiePatraque

Post by PiePatraque »

Thank you very much Axell! I don't know why I missed your answer.

This is exactly what i needed and didn't know how to do.

I will try this this weekend and come back here to post the result.