Neo Neon Flash 150

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
Dodge

Neo Neon Flash 150

Post by Dodge »

Hi Simon

I've got a Neo Neon Flash 150 that I can't get to work correctly (maybe its me as I've never used a fixture with dipswitches :lol: ) but as a process of elimination could you take a look at the profile when you get chance please.
axell

Re: Neo Neon Flash 150

Post by axell »

As long as there is no "better" documentation available, it will be hard to help you.

The DMX addressing scheme is easy:
Set dip switch 10 to OFF and with the first 9 you select your address in binary order (use a decimal to binary converter https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/num ... inary.html). You type in your desired DMX Address and you get a binary output, the remaining digits will be 0s (off). The output then is read from RIGHT-TO-LEFT, so 22 is actually 0-1-1-0-1- ___ 0-0-0-0. on Dip switches.

The documentation however is incomplete and confusing! Only 5 Channels are mentioned, but in a video they talk about 13 channels. RATE may be Shutter&Strobe (no Presets!) INTENSITY A,B,C can be R,G,B or is it section A,B,C, then where is RGB controlled? DURATION can be DIMMER. There should also be some INTERNAL Programs (what channels, what presets). Too vague.

Too much guessing to verify a profile without proper documentation. The Neo-Flash 150 Profile in the Wolfmix Library will NEVER work as is. Too many double and meaningless assignments on 5 Channels only.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-22 um 11.09.04.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-22 um 11.09.04.png (71.85 KiB) Viewed 6058 times
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Hi Axell,

I found a DMX calculator on the web so have that sorted & also have some functions of the strobe working like the blackout & stone buttons on the side of the wolfmix, Apart from that it just sits flashing. Is the document below what you've already seen?

https://www.musicare.co.nz/file/file5594bfa8f2a47/open

Also I think the Neo Neon 150 RGB is 13ch, the one I have is all white leds.
axell

Post by axell »

Ok, then there are 2 variations of the Flash available: one with RGB and one just White. Then I think the Intensity A, B, C are indeed the 3 white areas being controlled.
Create a modified Profile like:
Ch1 = Red
Ch2 = Green
Ch3 = Blue
Ch4 = Shutter & Strobe
Preset 1 Strobe Off (000-000) - default
Preset 2 Strobe (001-255)
Ch 5 = Dimmer
Preset 1 Dimmer (000-255) 255=default

Play around with the "Colors" (Red, Green & Blue) which will actually light up the 3 white segments. You can even select ColorFX and select the 3 Colors red, Green & Blue and get nice "segment-effects". And for "additional" Strobe effects you can also use the BEAM FX effects. High Speed and short Fade values give great Strobe effects here too. For a full white you can then also press the "WHITE" Color and all 3 segments should light up.
Attachments
Flash 150 White.ssl2
(6.35 KiB) Downloaded 394 times