F2750 RGB Laser

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
moka

F2750 RGB Laser

Post by moka »

Hi
I managed to sync a fixture with the software but I want to adjust it as besides the color nothing is really working out of the box (well except manually set dmx values)

The laser has lots of programmed images which can be selected by choosing (in 34 channel mode)
DMX CH2 - a library and
DMX CH 3 - a pattern
How can I define a combo of these two channels to be used as GOBOs?
I saw in the Forum that other guys with lasers have similar requests. Is there a documentation how you do that?

Further improvements:
DMX CH 6 - MIN 0 - MAX 63 are used for step by step rotation of the image
DMX CH 7 - MIN 0 - MAX 63 Horizontal step by step movement. can this be used like a PAN?
DMX CH 8 - MIN 0 - MAX 63 Vertical step by step movement. Can this be used like a a TILT?

Is there a good documentation about how such adjustments can be done?
I'm a bit surprised how little documentation I can find on the website.

The "Settings wheel" on the DMX Value page seems to be a spot but it is a bit messy not intuitive for me.
Also the editing when adding a fixture seems to be a possible place to change this but its difficult to edit 34 channels and once added finding problems in it...

Thank you very much for your help guys :)
axell

Re: F2750 RGB Laser

Post by axell »

You may want to use Live Edit Presets with fixed Patterns & Figures

Gobos will not work as it holds only 1 (one) Channel for selection (like a Color Wheel) and use Preset Properties of the same channel for Rotation (preset properties: self rotation)

Another option - buy WLINK option and attach a 8-Ch Fader Box to Wolfmix, assign your Laser Channels to it and control your Laser with the Fader Box
moka

Post by moka »

If I use LIVE EDIT presets to turn on laser with different settings, I have the problem that the Blackout button is not working (Note the Laser can not dim)
The Blinder Button works and sets the color to white when the laser is on, but for the Blackout I would need to change DMX channel 1 from 1 (ON) to 0 (OFF) I tried to go to DMX VALUES -> SETTINGS -> (Selecting the laser with first wheel) --> (Selecting Dimmer with second wheel) -> Setting MIN to 0, MAX to 1 , OFF to 0, ON to 1 but it does not work and also in the Group where the Laser is the "DIMMER / Blackout" option does not appear above the knobwheel.

How can use the DMX Settings for custom Blackout values?

thanks
axell

Post by axell »

You COULD control ON/OFF even with a normal color preset. You COULD even control different COLORS via Color presets. You can do A LOT with the Wolfmix. BUT you will need a DOCUMENTATION of the Laser (I am unable to find) to adjust the right control to the right channel. If nobody knows what is controlling what, then Live Edit is usually the last resort to get things going.
Besides: Wolfmix is NOT the preferred Controller for Lasers. It is great for regular RGB PARs and standard Moving Heads, which have different control than Lasers and Wolfmix is designed to support those first hand.

There are clearly multiple ways to dim/not dim a "fixture", but the device has to also support these ways.

If you want help, upload the DMX table of the F2750 and we can have a look and create ideas what would be the best way to implement a profile for this Laser.
axell

Post by axell »

BLACKOUT button has a quite "low" priority and will be "overwritten" by many other DMX commands of higher priority.
Refer to Wolfmix manual and see Wolfmix (Priority) stack (attached), where you can see what DMX command can/will overwrite previous DMX commands. Note: highest priority is at the bottom, lowest priority is on top. Look for BLACKOUT and see what can overwrite (= all below Blackout), Clearly Live Edit can overwrite BLACKOUT, but you can also have a Live Edit Preset with switch OFF values....
Attachments
wolfmix stack.jpg
wolfmix stack.jpg (169.23 KiB) Viewed 6859 times