Cameo hydrabeam 4000 rgbw

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
Martin_AT

Cameo hydrabeam 4000 rgbw

Post by Martin_AT »

Hello Wolfmix - Team!

I bought the Wolfmix W1 together with two Cameo Hydrobeam 4000 RGBW. I also bought the 3D Easy View Visualization. Each of the two Hydrobeam has four moving heads. In the visualization I see only one moving head at a time. When I use the split function on the Wolfmix, I can only choose between three functions, and it's not clear to me yet what they are. I think a moving head, a dimmer and something else I haven't clarified yet. It is the same with the hardware, I have not yet managed to control individual moving heads. At best a group of 2, but different movements, or sequences were not possible. Have I made a mistake here, or is the correct data missing in the background. I ask for your support.
Thanks a lot!
Martin
MisterDoc

Re: Cameo hydrabeam 4000 rgbw

Post by MisterDoc »

I have the same. I did a solo moving head in profile builder instead of the original 4 in 1 fixture.
In easy view I added then four of them for one bar.
Cheers Helmut
Last edited by MisterDoc on Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
axell

Post by axell »

By checking the Cameo manual & compare it to the (given) profile (fm WTOOLS), it "should" work as expected. I may come later to some eventual functions which need "optimization". First make sure the fixture itself is in 56-Ch Mode and also you patch the fixture/profile into Wolfmix as MODE 5 (56-Ch Mode). When being asked to split - confirm. Now you have your first "Master" address (1) and 3 more consecutive (Sub) fixtures (at address 15; 29 & 43. Now assign all fixtures (main & linked) to a GROUP. The "4 fixtures" now can be handled as "individual" Moving Heads. Test: select MOVE FX, select the GROUP (switch it "on") and select a pattern (i.e. 8-Ball pattern). Now use the encoders under the screen. set PHASE to 0% and all fixtures will moving in total sync describing an 8-ball pattern. If you dial up PHASE you will notice that the MHs will start to lag between each other (out of sync). SIZE will define the "size" of the imaginary 8-Ball figure. Small SIZE will describe a very small 8-Ball figure, 100% will describe max 8-Ball figure. Once this is working you can add COLOR FX. Again, "switch ON" the appropriate GROUP (on top of the screen) of you fixtures. Select a pattern (i.e.Rainbow) and press the color pads. If you want STATIC colors, switch "off" your Group from COLOR FX and select your Static COLOR Group with Color columns. The corresponding encoder can be dialed (for single or - chasing- or alternate - multiple colors and can be pressed to access colors 1-5 or 6-10 of your default color scheme).

Sorry for the long answer (and - NO - I will not be of much help of the 3D Visualization question)
Martin_AT

Post by Martin_AT »

Dear Axell,
Thank you for your answer. I did all like you suggested, but it still doesn’t work in 56 channel mode but it runs good enough in 34 channel mode. For the first trials it’s ok for me. But in future I hope to get it solved. The visualisation doesn’t work with this feature. …
Thank you so far.
Martin
Martin_AT

Post by Martin_AT »

MisterDoc wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:31 pm I have the same. I did a solo moving head in profile builder instead of the original 4 in 1 fixture.
In easy view I added then four of them for one bar.
Cheers Helmut
Dear Helmut,
I believe I don’t understand you correctly. Which solo moving head did you add four times to simulate one bar? And does this work on the visualisation and the Hydrabeam itself? I can’t imagine.
Your ideas would be helpful. Thank you.
Martin
MisterDoc

Post by MisterDoc »

Martin,
take the original fixture in profile builder (56 CH-mode),
delete all channels from 15 to 56 and safe it as an 14 ch-mode solo moving head.
Then in easy view you put 4 of them together nearby, so you have a 4-bar moving head as the hydrabeam 4000 rgbw is.
Cheers Helmut
axell

Post by axell »

I "THINK" I found the problem in the 56-Ch Profile. The 56-Ch profile does not allow to SPLIT in 4 "sub-fixtures" because in CHANNEL 19 is a "BEAM" (sequence) error. It is assigned false to Beam 1, but it is in the Beam 2 section, so it need to be assigned to Beam 2 AND also it needs to be in the Beam sequence "ORDER" (Beam 1, Beam 2, Beam 3, Beam 4) in order to allow split. If you edit CHANNEL 19 and switch from Beam 1 to Beam 2, the 56-Ch Mode will probably split and the profile will work.

Since firmware 0.7.0 it is possible to operate fixtures with multiple (beam separated) Pan/Tilt (uPan/uTilt) channels. So the attached profile should work now.
Attachments
HydraBeam 4000 RGBW - fix.ssl2
(143.02 KiB) Downloaded 743 times
VinceLightning

Post by VinceLightning »

Hi,
I have 2 Cameo Hydrabeam 4000 RGBW. I use Mode 5 (56 channels) and I split it in 4 beams as it is asked.

When added, I see that only first beam has an address, 7 others are LINKED.
1- Why is it impossible to have the second Hydrabeam with modifiable address ?
Second Hydrabeam has no first address
Second Hydrabeam has no first address
IMG_20230802_200820.jpg (272.66 KiB) Viewed 10908 times
2- Using DMX Values, I'm trying to force default value on fisrt address that correspond to Pan of first Lyre. It's not possible. Default value is 173 instead of 127. What's wrong ?
Can't change default value
Can't change default value
IMG_20230802_200649.jpg (159.39 KiB) Viewed 10908 times
Thank you for your help
axell

Post by axell »

When I add 2x Hydrabeam 4000 (56Ch mode) it does exactly what I expect (see address 030 and address 086 in the pic).
4000.jpg
4000.jpg (162.62 KiB) Viewed 10900 times
Delete the 2 instances of Hydrabeam 4000 from your project and re-patch again. Select the profile, set amount to 2, select 56Ch mode and then press add.

You cannot change the Default Settings if the channel is (somehow) activated. You may have activated a POSITION PRESET, so it shows a value of 173. The real "idle" value would be 127.