Etec Roto Bar 8x10 RGBW

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
Boppedaal

Etec Roto Bar 8x10 RGBW

Post by Boppedaal »

Hello everybody ;)
My name is Ben, I am new to this board. Thanks a lot for the admission here.

I got a problem with the Etec Roto Bar 8x10 RGBW.
There is no fixture yet preassigned, so I buildet these on my own.
The bar has got tilt, dimmer, shutter/strobe and 8 times RGBW - but every single beam has only got one single channel.
I used the colourwheel option to realise the beams.
This works mostly nice, but in case of using blackout, all of the beams shine brighly white.
Only on using the Groupdimmer all of the beams shut off.

Same issue on Lixada RGBW Mini Wash Movingheads.
It is always bright white, when there is no other DMX Information for the lamps.

I found out, there is no closed shutter available on my fixtures.
From DMX Value 001-009 it is open, from 010-249 there is strobespeed and from 249-255 it is open again.

What do I do wrong?
Or is there a possibility to change the blackoutfunction to also react on the dimmer?

I hope, someone does understand my problem ☺️

Kind regards!

Ben
axell

Re: Etec Roto Bar 8x10 RGBW

Post by axell »

Ben,
you can download and try the attached profile for ETEC LED Roto Bar 8x10.
Enjoy
Attachments
LED Roto Bar.zip
(37.64 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
axell

Re: Etec Roto Bar 8x10 RGBW

Post by axell »

Ben,

for the Lixada problem you need to have the "exact" documentation for YOUR fixture you are using. Then you have the best chance to create a matching profile for it.

I found "various" but not consistent documentation for Lixada RGBW Mini Wash
One doesn't show the Presets (which are important, particularly when mixing Strobe and Dimmer on same Ch 6). You say your fixture don't have CLOSED SHUTTER, but the profile has it included. Also your (3) Preset values (001-009/010-249/249-255) are not consistent to a documentation and (4) Presets in the profile (000-007/008-134/135-239/240-255). So I wonder if you really try to match the right fixture with the right profile.

Anyway, as the DMX implementation of this fixture is a little bit odd anyway (mixingDimmer & Strobe together in one channel!), I would experiment with Channel 6:
Delete Channel 6 completely. Instead put a SHUTTER & STROBE channel on Ch 6. Preset 1 (000-007) CLOSED (or optional STROBE OFF), Preset 2 (008-134) Dimmer, Preset 3 (135-239) STROBE, Preset 4 (240-255) CLOSED

The difference is that you now have a SHUTTER & STROBE Style and not a DIMMER Style on Ch 6, also the Presets should better match according to my "unofficial" documentation found and the given available profile (which are identical).
Attachments
lixada dmx.jpg
lixada dmx.jpg (453.03 KiB) Viewed 5721 times